This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one of the 4 shooters should I get?

#11zerooo0Posted 12/6/2012 4:58:32 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Far Cry 3-Map Editor gives endless hours to mess with

Borderlands 2-ACTUALLY good story compared to the first one, and the new characters+Gaige are very fun to play with

Black Ops 2-Pick 10 system actually changed the classic CoD formula, and is a nice refresh.

I would recommend Halo 4, but you said you didn't like the gameplay in those.

But you honestly can't go wrong with any of them.(Except BF3) BF3 is a good game, but Rent A Server ruins it.

My advice, flip a coin.

What's rent-a-server?

Rent-A-Server lets you rent dedicated servers to where you're mods/admins can ban people from playing, or kick anyone if they violate your terms of the server. Which I don't mind that as long as if it's not ridiculous like half of the servers are unfortunately. BF3 is a fun Multiplayer game, but Rent-A-Server is a deal breaker for me personally.

Like I got banned for doing nothing wrong, Joined a lobby doing well with 13-3(Match just started) Then bam!! Got banned.
---
Trolls=The intelligence of Cane Toads
#12VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:04:14 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Last retail 360 game I got was Gears of War 3 and I sold it. I only have one Xbox 360 game: Minecraft. I'm not a big console gamer, I mainly just use my 3DS and Vita, but DAMN, I'm missing out big time. I could only afford one.

If you have time to play another game, it means you don't have Persona 4 Golden. Get that.

I would buy it but I want to get Uncharted or Unit 13 first. I want an action game before buying that game. I did the mistake of buying Tales of the Abyss for 3DS due to hype on the 3DS board. I bought that game back in March, haven't beat it yet.
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (a person unacquainted with affairs of the world)
#13Pacman2dxPosted 12/6/2012 5:12:24 PM
Far Cry MP always seems tacked on but it makes up for it with the map editor.

It has a single player map editor this time around .. meaning almost endless possibilities.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
'' If your heart is bleeding make the best of it -- there's heat in freezing be a testament '' ..
#14VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:18:57 PM
Pacman2dx posted...

It has a single player map editor this time around .. meaning almost endless possibilities.

So I could make my own missions and other stuffs? Sorry if my questions are dumb.
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (a person unacquainted with affairs of the world)
#15Gaebora KaeporaPosted 12/6/2012 6:06:21 PM
Pacman2dx posted...

So I could make my own missions and other stuffs? Sorry if my questions are dumb.

I think you can...you can also head out to the Far Cry 3 message board and see what they have to say!
---
The rail...is all alone, the man is all alone...the swedish is all alone...my bum....is all alone
#16VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:12:13 PM
Gaebora Kaepora posted...
Pacman2dx posted...

I think you can...you can also head out to the Far Cry 3 message board and see what they have to say!

Thanks!
---
#17CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2012 6:15:12 PM
Far Cry 3's MP isn't super active. There are also issues with connecting to games, because its tough to find other players and the matchmaking system is rough. I'm playing the SP and enjoying it, but I honestly don't see where the multitude of 9/10 reviews came from. And I was very excited for FC3.

Borderlands 2 is fun, but I'd suggest having friends to co-op with. Playing single player just doesn't feel as fun compared to co-op. But the game improves on the first one.

I own Halo 4 and BO2 but haven't played either one yet.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#18ObtikPosted 12/6/2012 6:25:14 PM
Bf3 is super patched and refined, lots of content. Don't let the rent a serve thing affect you, there's tons of official dice servers if that's what you prefer. The server browser just lets you pick exactly what map, gametype, and game length you want, as well as giving you lots of information about the sever.

Way better than matchmaking.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#19builder111Posted 12/6/2012 6:51:41 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Halo 4

+
#20VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:28:43 PM
Obtik posted...
Bf3 is super patched and refined, lots of content. Don't let the rent a serve thing affect you, there's tons of official dice servers if that's what you prefer. The server browser just lets you pick exactly what map, gametype, and game length you want, as well as giving you lots of information about the sever.

Way better than matchmaking.

I'm leaning toward Battlefield 3. I was going to get it when it came out, but my friend convinced me to get Gears 3. I regret it.
---