This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which one of the 4 shooters should I get?

#21AsyrafXXIPosted 12/6/2012 7:32:29 PM
FarCry 3 or Halo 4.

I can't decide between those two. xP
#22oasisbeyondPosted 12/6/2012 7:40:17 PM
Loin Pleur 3.
#23SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 7:44:19 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
Obtik posted...
Bf3 is super patched and refined, lots of content. Don't let the rent a serve thing affect you, there's tons of official dice servers if that's what you prefer. The server browser just lets you pick exactly what map, gametype, and game length you want, as well as giving you lots of information about the sever.

Way better than matchmaking.

I'm leaning toward Battlefield 3. I was going to get it when it came out, but my friend convinced me to get Gears 3. I regret it.

You regret Gears 3...?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#24Blade_Of_IcePosted 12/6/2012 7:52:22 PM
no love for dishonored? Dissapointing, oh well.

Go with Far Cry 3 or Borderlands 2, Halo 4 sucks donkey ****s, and well I've never played COD so i can't give an honest opinion on their games
#25SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 7:56:03 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...

Go with Far Cry 3 or Borderlands 2, Halo 4 sucks donkey ****s, and well I've never played COD so i can't give an honest opinion on their games

Dishonored is so meh and not a shooter, and Halo doesn't suck...at all.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#26OneEyedBillPosted 12/6/2012 7:58:51 PM
Black Ops 2 is great for local multiplayer. You can set the number of bots and teams. Lots of maps, lots of gun customizations. They've added a lot of game customizations as well (points per kill, damage ratio, number of spawns, etc... all the stuff Halo has had for years). It's big advantage over Halo is the inclusion of bots. Also, unlike Black Ops 1, you're not limited to straight deathmatch or free for all with bots. You can do capture the flag, hardpoint, kill confirmed, all the online modes.

I would've picked up Halo 4, but they took out Firefight mode. I'll probably rent it to play through the story. I started Black Ops 2's story, didn't particularly enjoy it.
#27Blade_Of_IcePosted 12/6/2012 8:00:29 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...

Meh first person and you have guns, good enough for me.

And yes Halo 4 does suck, MASSIVELY. its the worst game of the franchise...after wars.
#28SunDevil77Posted 12/6/2012 8:04:26 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...

Meh first person and you have guns, good enough for me.

And yes Halo 4 does suck, MASSIVELY. its the worst game of the franchise...after wars.

Even if it was the worst in the series (It's not) that'd still make it an incredible game.

Also, Halo Wars is the best RTS game to ever grace consoles, so no, it doesn't suck either.
---
#29VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:43:32 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
VerySolidusSnak posted...
Obtik posted...
Bf3 is super patched and refined, lots of content. Don't let the rent a serve thing affect you, there's tons of official dice servers if that's what you prefer. The server browser just lets you pick exactly what map, gametype, and game length you want, as well as giving you lots of information about the sever.

Way better than matchmaking.

I'm leaning toward Battlefield 3. I was going to get it when it came out, but my friend convinced me to get Gears 3. I regret it.

You regret Gears 3...?

To a certain extent. The story was good and the multiplayer was fun, but over time it got pretty boring and I really wanted BF3 instead since I like the vehicles, the large maps, sniping from super long distances, etc.
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (a person unacquainted with affairs of the world)
#30AstronomerJakePosted 12/6/2012 8:59:22 PM
OneEyedBill, i absolutely agree with you. Black Ops 2 having bots is awesome. I really do feel bots in offline/splitscreen make it > the other shooters without a doubt.