This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy far cry 3 and rent Hitman or the other way around?

#11ObtikPosted 12/7/2012 4:45:01 AM
Have you played it? Far cry 2 had some serious issues. Doesn't that mean 3 had to prove itself before it's accepted as being good?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#12darkharePosted 12/7/2012 4:48:07 AM
rent both and buy a big thing of sushi and california rolls.
---
before i was born i didnt mind death, why would i mind death after living life?
#13RPG_ApostlePosted 12/7/2012 4:50:59 AM
Hitman hasn't impressed me in any form. It's a lot like Splinter Cell: Conviction. The sad part is that I think Conviction is a little better... I find Absolution doesn't excite me to play. It's fairly meh. Not a bad game, it's just mediocre.

I haven't played FC3, but I really want to. Looks to be vastly improved over the issues FC2 had.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#14ObtikPosted 12/7/2012 4:57:07 AM
I hope it is, i used to love far cry.. Back when the original came out i thought it had the slickest graphics, used to always show it off.

That's also disappointing to hear about hitman, that review Conan did didn't do the game any favors either lol
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#15LapanuiPosted 12/7/2012 5:15:37 AM
I haven't bought Far Cry 3 yet, I bought Hitman instead and I have to say, I wished i hadn't preordered Hitman months ago. They wouldn't let me cancel as I had received the Sniper Challenge code months ago and I was stuck in some contract crap or something. I didn't want to get both games, find out I've not finished one or the other and then I get a new game in December or January and waste my money.

I've just finished Hitman, I didn't want to leave it unfinished, but I just didn't know what was going on, I don't know if the story continued from previous games, if it did, then I should of played them before playing this. I just wasn't hooked like I am with other games, cutscenes just felt tedious and I don't usually skip them, but this game I did. I just wanted to get through it, finish the game off and leave it at that.

I'm currently waiting for ShopTo to have more copies of the Insane edition of FC3. I can knock 14 off. I'm hoping they get more copies soon, don't fancy waiting a month or so for it lol.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#16SoF-RamboPosted 12/7/2012 5:40:47 AM
Lapanui posted...
I haven't bought Far Cry 3 yet, I bought Hitman instead and I have to say, I wished i hadn't preordered Hitman months ago. They wouldn't let me cancel as I had received the Sniper Challenge code months ago and I was stuck in some contract crap or something. I didn't want to get both games, find out I've not finished one or the other and then I get a new game in December or January and waste my money.

I've just finished Hitman, I didn't want to leave it unfinished, but I just didn't know what was going on, I don't know if the story continued from previous games, if it did, then I should of played them before playing this. I just wasn't hooked like I am with other games, cutscenes just felt tedious and I don't usually skip them, but this game I did. I just wanted to get through it, finish the game off and leave it at that.

I'm currently waiting for ShopTo to have more copies of the Insane edition of FC3. I can knock 14 off. I'm hoping they get more copies soon, don't fancy waiting a month or so for it lol.

Where'd you pre-order it from that they wouldn't let you cancel it?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#17Blueandwhite87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:44:10 AM
Bump
#18Assassin_X_GethPosted 12/7/2012 5:49:30 AM
Well for starters Hitman is harder on 360. And its not 100% the same since its a new developer. I prefer it on PC. I'd buy Farcry 3.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.