This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy Crap Gamestop Trade in Values!!!!

#31Borticus1Posted 12/7/2012 4:23:50 PM
Do you work for Gamestop?
#32rviper89Posted 12/7/2012 4:47:22 PM(edited)
its was $11 without the card and $12.10 with. They did however offer me 50%+ trade in value if I bought a preowned game.
---
No one ever dies a virgin life always screws you
#33rviper89Posted 12/7/2012 4:50:10 PM
Seems my gamestop was trying to rip me off.

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues

the prices are on their website.
---
No one ever dies a virgin life always screws you
#34IceteaCrisisPosted 12/8/2012 7:20:15 AM
rviper89 posted...

With the of course you are getting ripped off most times jokes aside I would of though people always at least check around to see what the trade in values are before they walk in the store to minimize getting really taken for a ride.

Between that page you linked, actually calling, CAG TiV Tracker, and BestBuy listing all of there Trade in Values for almost every game on the website
How does some one not know before going in to ether place?

I'm sure most of us know it is a bad idea unless there is a special deal, but at least make the best of a bad idea.
---
Game Buying Strategy (on page 2)
http://tinyurl.com/cs94x8w
#35HedorianPosted 12/8/2012 9:23:21 AM
IceteaCrisis posted...
rviper89 posted...

With the of course you are getting ripped off most times jokes aside I would of though people always at least check around to see what the trade in values are before they walk in the store to minimize getting really taken for a ride.

Between that page you linked, actually calling, CAG TiV Tracker, and BestBuy listing all of there Trade in Values for almost every game on the website
How does some one not know before going in to ether place?

I'm sure most of us know it is a bad idea unless there is a special deal, but at least make the best of a bad idea.

Could this be the most pretentious post ever in Gamefaqs history? I think so.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#36kidwgmPosted 12/8/2012 4:41:31 PM
Okay. So I just went into my local GS about an hour ago. Of course I forgot my phone but I was mainly there to trade in Lego Batman 2. Which they offered my like $17 even with my reward card. I had three games to trade and according to my calculations the trade in value would of been around $48. They said $38. I declined the trade in but for LEGO Batman 2 they were definitely off. They did have my reward card also.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#37third_eye_zero0Posted 12/9/2012 8:03:11 AM
I took advantage of this yesterday.

Traded in Madden 13 for $35
Dragon Age: Origins for $15
Red Dead Redemption: GOTY $15

Before I even handed the games over to the manager to begin, I asked him to enter my power up info. The trade-in values were correct the first time, and the manager knew exactly what the deal was about.

Sorry to anyone who has overly righteous clerks give them a hard time :(
#38vigorm0rtisPosted 12/9/2012 8:14:42 AM
kidwgm posted...
Seriously considering Black Ops 2. The MP lag is unbearable. But damn zombies has a hold on me.

I'm thinking about it. The last patch reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves about the CoD franchise-- the devs let themselves get bullied by a vocal minority in the fanbase until the 'customization' and 'playstyles' that make the game (sort of) unique are meaningless.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#39LIsJusticePosted 12/9/2012 8:52:05 AM
So the deal definitely goes until next Sunday? May trade in NSMB and 999 and a third DS game for the extra $10 deal as well.
---
Won't change this sig until Alan Wake 2 is announced- Started 3/11/12
#40glassghost0Posted 12/9/2012 9:03:37 AM
LIsJustice posted...
So the deal definitely goes until next Sunday? May trade in NSMB and 999 and a third DS game for the extra $10 deal as well.

Well yo won't get the extra $10 because that's a different promo. Promos don't stack
---
Signature OFF