This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragons Dogma or Kingdom Of Amalur

#31bossk5Posted 12/8/2012 6:06:15 AM
Dragons Dogma was fantastic. Plus it's still getting support ( a hard mode was just released and an expansion coming in 2013).

KoA was just.....ok. So.....so very easy.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#32CapnStankyPosted 12/8/2012 6:08:51 AM
DieMyBride posted...
CapnStanky posted...
They're both really really bad games that deserved to fail, and did.

DD sold well above expectations. So it didn't fail.

No it didn't. Capcom guaranteed it would sell a million copies out of the gate in Japan and it never got near that, and then it never sold worth a damn at all in the West. Huge bomb. Which is good since terrible games deserve terrible sales. "Sold well above expectations." LOL no.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#33DieMyBridePosted 12/8/2012 6:15:38 AM
CapnStanky posted...
DieMyBride posted...
CapnStanky posted...

DD sold well above expectations. So it didn't fail.

No it didn't. Capcom guaranteed it would sell a million copies out of the gate in Japan and it never got near that, and then it never sold worth a damn at all in the West. Huge bomb. Which is good since terrible games deserve terrible sales. "Sold well above expectations." LOL no.

CoD deserves terrible sales then since opinions seem to mean facts.

Capcom never said that. It was a new IP that DID sell over a million copies. This is to sellers of course, but what you need to understand is they already got the money from selling to the stores so they still made the money they needed. It sold great for a new IP.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#34NeoGeoXSegaPosted 12/8/2012 2:16:54 PM(edited)
RPG_Apostle posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Right, especially when you predicted that DD would be in the $20 bin within a month of release.

You're such a joke.

It was 10 dollars. LOL failure. Bad games deserve it, and games don't get much worse than Dragons Dogma.

WTF, DD price has barely budged! If anything it's one of the few games to hold its value without tanking.
A good sign that it sold well after it's initial release.

I don't know where the hell you saw it for $10, but the lowest it is selling for is $30 used on eBay. Brand new the lowest it has gone is $40.

KOA on the other hand bankrupted the company & caused Curt Schilling to come out of retirement & look for work!
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#35MrluzoPosted 12/8/2012 2:24:01 PM
Dragons Dogma. I liked KoA, but it really was to easy, and got a bit annoying by how easy it was. I gave up on it half way and traded it for DD. And I am not a great gamer, but KoA became a joke with how easy it was. DD is a little bit more of a challenge, but I really enjoyed it.
#36KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/8/2012 4:51:53 PM
CapnStanky posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
CapnStanky posted...

Right, especially when you predicted that DD would be in the $20 bin within a month of release.

You're such a joke.

It was 10 dollars. LOL failure. Bad games deserve it, and games don't get much worse than Dragons Dogma.

Posts like this just make you look stupid and makes you lose any credibility with other users. Think, it gets you a long way in life.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#37maoriwarriorPosted 12/8/2012 4:58:50 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Amalur. Please don't bother with the borefest that is Dragon's Dogma.

---
GT: DiscipleOfFir3
I'm a sad individual. >_>
#382DshmuploverPosted 12/8/2012 5:11:23 PM
lninjasonicl posted...
I have 280+ hours of Dogma and still going
I had 18 hours of KoA and it was terrible

Why did you play it for 18 hours if it's so terrible?
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#39AnonymousFriendPosted 12/8/2012 7:52:55 PM
I put 140 hours into Amalur before realizing that I caught a progress halting glitch from 20 hours prior. The only save I have from before then is 40 hour prior. That's the only thing that stopped me from playing the game. The game is mostly easy ... once you level up a few skills and abilities. The only real downside is the limited inventory space with a large number of unique items. I absolutely adore the "Junk" list for one button selling

I got about 40 hours into Dragon's Dogma before someone broke into my apartment and still everything. That's about the time when the constant walking started getting on my nerves. Then the weight limits starts becoming a bother. And the night time in the game making everything really dark. I started as an Archer, then Long Bow Archer, then switched to Magic Archer and really didn't like any of the magic available.

Both game's combat were really, REALLY good. The ease and abundance of respecs are awesome. Amalur's cross breeds get locked out of the bestest abilities of pure bloods, but have more versitility. Respec'ing in Dragon's Dogma benefits you by having certain abilities still usable long after you've changed out of the class that gave it to you.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#40RHDF20BPreludePosted 12/9/2012 6:01:54 AM
Owned KoA, and still have DD.

For me, KoA was the better game. Graphically DD is better, but I thought combat in koA was better, making it a more fun game to play. I found myself WANTING to run into enemies and destroy them with sick combos I created.

Bought both at release, played KoA all at once, 80 hours, still not much into DD, though I plan to finish it. DD might be able to edge out KoA in my opinion, if you could combine and cancel attacks to make combos such as KoA; if they were to implement such, and give weapons more standard attacks, like launchers for juggles, in a patch, my interested would be renewed.
---
360 and PS3 tags: DiegoElFuego. WiiSSBB: 1032-0974-7716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vbQfBPYLk&feature=channel