This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Psycho Mantis in the Phantom Pain video?

#11Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/7/2012 10:57:49 PM(edited)
Wire_Harp posted...
Can someone help me understand the love for MGS? I played 2, thought it was alright, then played 3 and couldn't even make it halfway through. It was just drawn out, the cutscenes seemed unnecessarily long, and the controls were too complicated to get anything done reliably. I really WANT to like MGS, but I can't. :|

If you haven't been playing since MGS, you really aren't invested in it. MGS3 is almost entirely a matter of providing background and story to MGS4 (and some MGS1 stuff). It's possibly the only game I can think of that really has to be played as a full saga. Basically playing MGS2 and 3 have zero connection to each other, but adding MGS1 and 4 into the mix make a HUGE difference.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#12glassghost0Posted 12/7/2012 10:57:01 PM
TaraMarie posted...
Could this be a way to reboot the Solid Snake story....?
Like say... everything we've played after Metal Gear Solid was put in Snakes head by Psycho Mantis... so Snake isn't old... he's been in a hospital since his confrontation with Psycho Mantis....

I don't have theories about the hook arm though. lol

Quit playing Metal Gear Solid....please....just please...
---
Signature OFF
#13co1onelPosted 12/7/2012 10:59:53 PM
Wire_Harp posted...
Can someone help me understand the love for MGS? I played 2, thought it was alright, then played 3 and couldn't even make it halfway through. It was just drawn out, the cutscenes seemed unnecessarily long, and the controls were too complicated to get anything done reliably. I really WANT to like MGS, but I can't. :|

3 doesn't even get good until after the first half, after which it becomes the best MGS game ever.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel
#14JenniferTatePosted 12/7/2012 11:03:54 PM
At the every end you could see someone floating above him as he wrestled the soldier.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#15TaraMarie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:25:24 AM
I like my idea better :/
I think that head band looks like Solid Snakes.

I don't remember Big Boss ever losing an arm.... though I never played the psp games.
#16TaraMarie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:32:46 AM
another thought....

what if Revolver Ocelot actually took Snake's arm ??

holy s#it

That would explain the missing arm.
#17popping4itPosted 12/8/2012 3:49:34 AM
people figure things out too quickly :/
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#18HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/8/2012 5:29:44 AM
It's Liquid Snake i'd bet.

Solid Snake is "supposedly" dead after MGS4, so they re-animate Liquid Snake (missing a hand thanks to Ocelot) and wipe his memory to think that he's Solid Snake.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#19djwagonPosted 12/8/2012 5:46:38 AM(edited)
TaraMarie posted...
Could this be a way to reboot the Solid Snake story....?
Like say... everything we've played after Metal Gear Solid was put in Snakes head by Psycho Mantis... so Snake isn't old... he's been in a hospital since his confrontation with Psycho Mantis....

I don't have theories about the hook arm though. lol
sorry tc until I see more proof .this is just another game .with no input it is a metal gear solid game.I been playing both American and Japanese version .since metal gear solid 1 and what I saw last night is no way a metal gear solid game.I maybe eating my words here .but until I see real proof .I am sticking with NOT a metal gear solid game . oh if I remember right he said he was making another game .THAT was not a metal gear solid game all your seeing tc is his style of game play .yes it may look like a metal gear solid game .that is because it was made by the same guy that made those mgs games
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#20Dragon NexusPosted 12/8/2012 9:09:59 AM
oh if I remember right he said he was making another game

He's said that with every MGS game since MGS2.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln