This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Early 2013.

#11BB52700Posted 12/8/2012 8:41:02 PM
Bioshock Infinite will rule my life
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#12glyde69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:34:53 PM
Last of Us coming May 7th and Dark Souls 2 announced and releasing hopefully by the end of the year(demon and dark were separated by two years iirc so shouldn't be a problem with a oct-nov 13 release).

Forgot about Watch Dogs too. Not sure what the release window is, but late 13 is a good guess. The videos I saw at E3 were pretty cool.

Another good game(can't remember the name off top of my head) is from the Ico and Shadow Collassus guys. Hopefully that comes out by the end of the year. I loved Ico. Didnt really care for SotC although I understand why it was loved and appreciated what the game was.

Oh, and almost forgot about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. I know gamers were split on the first, but I enjoyed it enough to buy the two DLC packs and not many games compel me to do that.

Lightning Returns too! I didn't get to FF13-2 yet, but I did enjoy the first one flaws and all(until the end it was a touch too linear for my tastes). But I did like the combat, stories, and characters(to a point).

Just need a surprise Mario 3D game to come this year(anything with HALF of the brilliance of Galaxy 2 will be amazing AND with glorious HD visuals). Maybe whatever Retro Studios is working on drops this year. XBLA Summer of Arcade is good for 2-3 solid titles.

Put all this together and this generation of gaming is going out with a bang! IMO of course. Crap, I'm not usually the "emotional" guy who screams best this, best that, game of year, etc, but unless some of these games really bomb, this might be the best year in gaming, if not the best in quite a long time and I say that even as I'm tired of the nonstop onslaught of sequels of late.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#13glyde69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:38:04 PM
I have a question....

Back in the day, I missed out on Kingdom Hearts. There seems to be loads of last gen series being repackaged with the "HD" brand, so I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts to get that treatment.

I see KH 1.5 HD is coming out. Can someone explain to me what that game is about? Is it gonna be a remake of the first game in the series?
---
#14glyde69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:44:28 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Meh next year is mediocre with only gears and bioshock catching my interest.

It seems we disagree about the immediate future and games coming out. What games are you personally looking for that haven't been mentioned in this thread? What systems do you own? What genres do u enjoy? What games did u pick up in 2012?

Not to interrogate you or anything, but spanning all three consoles, PC, and the two handhelds, IMO, there's an insane amount of games that hit pretty much every genre. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for.
---
#15earthmaster3Posted 12/8/2012 10:02:34 PM
Rpg fans will also have South Park, the stick of truth and Fire emblem: Awakening
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#16XtremeWRATH360Posted 12/8/2012 10:23:53 PM
glyde69 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

It seems we disagree about the immediate future and games coming out. What games are you personally looking for that haven't been mentioned in this thread? What systems do you own? What genres do u enjoy? What games did u pick up in 2012?

Not to interrogate you or anything, but spanning all three consoles, PC, and the two handhelds, IMO, there's an insane amount of games that hit pretty much every genre. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for.

I honestly have no idea on what games come out next year other than what was mentioned here. For systems i have all three and i pretty much enjoy all genres, have a wide variety of games spanning multiple genres. And for 2012 ummm.....Farcry 3, Mass Effect 3, Doom BFG, Halo 4, WWE 13 and Risen 2 also a few games for 3DS. As for what im looking for i have no idea, but what's out there isn't it.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#17XtremeWRATH360Posted 12/8/2012 10:24:58 PM
Forgot Castlevania 2 and the DC super hero fighter i think Gods among us or something like that
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#18glyde69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:56:31 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
glyde69 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

I honestly have no idea on what games come out next year other than what was mentioned here. For systems i have all three and i pretty much enjoy all genres, have a wide variety of games spanning multiple genres. And for 2012 ummm.....Farcry 3, Mass Effect 3, Doom BFG, Halo 4, WWE 13 and Risen 2 also a few games for 3DS. As for what im looking for i have no idea, but what's out there isn't it.

Gotcha.

At the end of the day, its different strokes for different folks. Like I saw a lot of threads earlier this year talking about fall of 2012 having the greatest lineup of games, but for "me" it was the lightest season of games in a decade. I think I picked up Darksiders 2, RE6, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Zombi U, and Mario Wii U this entire fall rush. Light for me, but I understand why people were excited for Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3, Forza, etc etc.

At the very least, its looking like Xbox and Sony might be dropping new consoles by the end of the year. Maybe fresh new systems with decent launch titles might give u something new to look forward to where PS360U were lacking?
---
#19darkharePosted 12/9/2012 12:02:41 AM
so far the only games i have the slightest interest in buying is gta5 and darksouls2 (i didnt mention stick of truth cause its apparently set back to 2014), the rest of the games you mentioned im going to rent.
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#20glyde69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:10:13 AM
darkhare posted...
so far the only games i have the slightest interest in buying is gta5 and darksouls2 (i didnt mention stick of truth cause its apparently set back to 2014), the rest of the games you mentioned im going to rent.

Oh man, its really set back to 2014? Last I heard it was q2 of 2013. Crap, if you are right, this sounds like it could possibly be canceled. THQ going through some major financial woes, right? To go from Xmas 2012, to march 2013, company having money problem, moved to q2 of 2013, and now suddenly 2014.....doesn't sound good and I was really looking forward to that game!
---