This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think people are misunderstanding why many are upset about Walking Dead GOTY

#21CBratePosted 12/8/2012 4:56:58 AM
So it's okay if the golden child Valve does it but not someone else?

You're completely forgetting the part where Half-Life was pretty much sunk by the release format.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 4:57:18 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Except The Walking Dead isn't that great. It's a nice action-adventure game. But that's it. It didn't even deserve to as a mention for GotY, let alone win it.

This. Also the TC is very correct.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#23GeistPosted 12/8/2012 5:51:14 AM
NightMystic posted...
So without playing the game you start complaining about something you have no idea what you're talking about....

Smooth.

Play the games and you'll understand. In the mean time stop wasting your breath without educating yourself on the topic.

This was a perfect answer to this topic and should have ended the whole conversation.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#24TreGoodaPosted 12/8/2012 6:41:16 AM
all_that_juice posted...
No, we who are upset about the win have not played Walking Dead, and most of us probably don't watch the show. However, without playing it, we know already it is an ARCADE game, that has EPISODIC DLC, a big no-no for many of us. Not only are we against an arcade game winning GOTY over full $60 retail games, we are also against EPISODIC DLC. We are afraid if award shows start praising games that implement EPISODIC DLC, it could be detrimental to video gaming in the long term as more and more publishers jump on the bandwagon. This has nothing to do with our tastes or our intelligence being "inferior" to yours it is simply a belief that arcade games, especially those with episodic DLC should not be given GOTY awards as we fear this could set a very bad precedent for the future of gaming. Hope you understand the complaints better now and can stop insulting our perceived "inferior" brains. Thank you and good day.

They had to do it that way because they finance the game with the money they earn from the first episode. It was a brilliant plan because they have been able to revive a genre.

Now that they have won goty, maybe they will have enough investors to release a full title.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#25IceteaCrisisPosted 12/8/2012 7:06:06 AM(edited)
all_that_juice posted...
Do you not fear that in the future publishers could start exploiting this model to further milk money out of gamers?

It is already going in this direction because of "development cost"
from raising Xbox Live Arcade game prices to raising PC game costs from 50 to 60 dollars for more games. To the things they at least do not force on you but try to get you to buy like Disc Locked Content or getting you to get a season pass before the content is even finished.

I am waiting for a Disc release, but the game looks good to me, and the only thing all these GOTY awards mean for me is that hopefully i can hold off and get the game next year with all the content on disc at a cheaper price. (Read Dead Redemption, Batman, Borderlands I hopefully II)
---
Game Buying Strategy (on page 2)
http://tinyurl.com/cs94x8w
#26BlueJester007Posted 12/8/2012 7:20:49 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Except The Walking Dead isn't that great. It's a nice action-adventure game. But that's it. It didn't even deserve to as a mention for GotY, let alone win it.

Symby? What the hell? Have you even played the game? And don't give me the, "Well, I've seen others play it, and I was not very interested. Plus, I am not very interested in the show."

I enjoyed the crap out of The Walking Dead game and I have not even watched the show since "Finding Sophia", excuse me, "Walking Dead Season 2" ended.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#27DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 7:22:58 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Symby? What the hell? Have you even played the game? And don't give me the, "Well, I've seen others play it, and I was not very interested. Plus, I am not very interested in the show."

I enjoyed the crap out of The Walking Dead game and I have not even watched the show since "Finding Sophia", excuse me, "Walking Dead Season 2" ended.

I can't play XBLA games. When it does come out on discs, I will try it and tell you about it but I highly, highly doubt it deserves any GOTY award.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#28SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 7:25:23 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

I can't play XBLA games. When it does come out on discs, I will try it and tell you about it but I highly, highly doubt it deserves any GOTY award.

Comes out retail on Tuesday ^^
I think you'll like it, Dark. Before I played it, I saw my brother playing it, and I was just "Meh" as I had already played telltale's Jurassic Park and thought it was mediocre, but TWD is a beautifully made game.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#29BlueJester007Posted 12/8/2012 7:25:29 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

You shouldn't be judging a game you have not played. And it comes out in a disc form in a couple of weeks I've heard. Play it, and then get back to me.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#30GeistPosted 12/8/2012 7:25:42 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Your bridge must be lonely with out you.
---
Currently playing : RDR