This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think people are misunderstanding why many are upset about Walking Dead GOTY

#41DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 8:01:46 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@BlueJester007 What? I'm not gonna play Homefront.

Homefront?

Yeah. I mean, I know it isn't a good game. I wouldn't exactly play it to back up my claims. But, never mind, let's just wait for the disc edition.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#42GeistPosted 12/8/2012 8:05:23 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
@Geist I wish you had some intelligence.

Says the guy that openly admits he has no clue about what he's talking about.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#43lordsofshadowPosted 12/8/2012 8:05:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 8:09:42 AM
Geist posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

You're the one who called me a troll because... you have no idea what it means. And of course that means I am the one who has no clue.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#45GorillaOnRoofPosted 12/8/2012 8:13:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#46RPG_ApostlePosted 12/8/2012 8:14:21 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Geist posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

You're the one who called me a troll because... you have no idea what it means. And of course that means I am the one who has no clue.

Geist's definition of troll is anyone that has an opinion he doesn't agree with.

He's called me a troll about a dozen or so times. Nothing new.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#47GeistPosted 12/8/2012 8:15:53 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Geist posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

You are a troll when you claim to know the caliber of a game that you have never played your self.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#48RafedxPosted 12/8/2012 8:31:59 AM
all_that_juice posted...
No, we who are upset about the win have not played Walking Dead, and most of us probably don't watch the show. However, without playing it, we know already it is an ARCADE game, that has EPISODIC DLC, a big no-no for many of us. Not only are we against an arcade game winning GOTY over full $60 retail games, we are also against EPISODIC DLC. We are afraid if award shows start praising games that implement EPISODIC DLC, it could be detrimental to video gaming in the long term as more and more publishers jump on the bandwagon. This has nothing to do with our tastes or our intelligence being "inferior" to yours it is simply a belief that arcade games, especially those with episodic DLC should not be given GOTY awards as we fear this could set a very bad precedent for the future of gaming. Hope you understand the complaints better now and can stop insulting our perceived "inferior" brains. Thank you and good day.

Thats a bit of a close minded paranoid attitude you have. Full retail games are never going to go out of style, and as it is right now very few games actually use the episodic formula. TT's TWD game uses its episodic release scheduled because that's the style of game it is, its TT style of game they do this with pretty well every game they create.

Full retail games have been very stale this year, all we got for the most part was a bunch of unambitious sequels and while they are good they are still more of the same. TWD changed this with giving us something new, something memorable and with some of the best scenes that evoked emotions in the player. It had the strongest character development and strongest story out of every game to come out this year, the game play choice was still very tense and made you react quickly and in some cases you could choose wrong.

In the end you have not played it, you don't know the source material and you start spouting some very paranoid reasoning as to why you feel it was not worth the GOTY. A game can be done in whatever medium it wants, if its good it will stand out above the rest doesn't matter if its an arcade game or retail.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#49Emperor_ZPosted 12/8/2012 8:45:01 AM
So, you're mad that it won, not because of any of the game's faults or merits, but because of its format? I'm sorry, but that's stupid. Besides, the games doesn't even have "episodic DLC", the whole game is episodic. It's not even sold that way on the PC, where you pay for it once and get each episode as it's released.
#50moneyman80Posted 12/8/2012 8:45:19 AM
I find it hilarious that a interactive, no gameplay story won GAME of the year. Honestly though, I couldn't care less about these dumb awards even if my favorite game had won it. I wouldn't take any of the GOTY awards seriously. Just play and enjoy.
---
Not changing my sig until the New Jersey Devils win their fourth Stanley Cup. Started 5/13/11