This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think people are misunderstanding why many are upset about Walking Dead GOTY

#61ReikokuNinjaPosted 12/8/2012 10:56:13 AM
The walking dead game while yes it is released in 5 parts it is not episodic DLC. From the moment the first episode comes out you can buy all 5 for 20 bucks. I have no problem with it getting GOTY but im still scratching my head trying to figure out how it beat Assassins Creed III. The hype alone should have gotten enough votes for that game. But meh, my goty was not even nominated.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReikokuNinja?feature=mhee
#62HyokunPosted 12/8/2012 10:58:55 AM
it was a weak year for games after all... i played through all the games indicated for goty and twd was the one that i enjoyed the most... don't know why the complaints
#63PlayerFiftyOnePosted 12/8/2012 11:23:26 AM
I think the episodes are a terrible, terrible idea. Who the hell wants to wait a month or longer to play the game they already bought? And don't tell me that you can buy the first one to try it out, because that's just a cop-out. I think it's dumb they threw the "Walking Dead" on the game too. It didn't need it, they just did it for money. Also they just jumped on the Zombie bandwagon, which I am so damn tired of.

The loading times are atrocious. Everything between starting the game up, between cutscenes, switching camera views in cutscenes, etc. You can't switch between inverted and non-inverted (huge mistake). The action sequences are terrible (QTEs are so fun! And you know it was meant for extreme first time game players because you can be incredibly far off on your reticle and you'll still hit the zombies or select a pan to look at). And the story is pretty predictable for the most part. I truly believe this should not have been GoTY, but it was because of the zombie craze and the walking dead logo. My Dad, who doesn't play very many video games called me up on the phone to teach him how to download this because he likes the show. I just don't think the game was very good ....at all.
#64Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 11:27:43 AM(edited)
DarkBunnyz posted...
The loading times are atrocious.

Load times? Oh thats right, you're not using an SSD like the rest of the cool kids in the year of our lord 2012 :PCelitists:. I remember load times. How quaint those were.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#65majinbuu58Posted 12/8/2012 11:59:16 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Gwildor123 posted...
This means that more zombie game next year

Sweet. Maybe someone will finally make the open world survival zombie game fans have always wanted and actually do it right. Then I can stop buying zombie games, because that game will never leave my console again. Ever.

It's coming. State of Decay.
#66pacpuf7249Posted 12/8/2012 12:53:01 PM
Arcade game? I dont get it.
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#67BlueJester007Posted 12/9/2012 9:19:01 AM
This topic:

Heh.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#68darkharePosted 12/9/2012 9:20:53 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
Gwildor123 posted...
This means that more zombie game next year

Sweet. Maybe someone will finally make the open world survival zombie game fans have always wanted and actually do it right. Then I can stop buying zombie games, because that game will never leave my console again. Ever.

It's coming. State of Decay.

yup the games looking damn good too, very excited to see how it turns out.
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#69grizzmoePosted 12/9/2012 9:21:39 AM
my complaint is i played it, it didnt suck but wasnt great, and theres a few other games that came out this year that i'd much rather play
#70TrugamerPosted 12/9/2012 9:26:55 AM
The problem is that there should be two separate categories of awards for full retail and Arcade .
Oh well just another reason for people not to take these awful gaming award shows seriously.

And as for the DLC? well the industry is ****** no matter what , the industry does not care about the few gamers who care all they care about is milking the luxury box gamers for every dime possible.
The gamers who are annoyed by DLC milkage just ignore DLC and move on to the next toss away flavor of the week game in this over saturated market.