This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think people are misunderstanding why many are upset about Walking Dead GOTY

#81MachineZedPosted 12/9/2012 4:10:48 PM
So did the TC complain about Tales of Monkey Island being episodic? How about Sam & Max, Wallace and Grommet, Back to the Future, Jurrasic Park, or Law and Order?
All of them were made by TellTale, all of the episodic. Point is they have been doing it for a while and aside from a few notable games like Half Life 2 or Penny Arcade it hasn't been used as a way to release games.
#82Scarecrow1711Posted 12/9/2012 5:57:59 PM
The reason why people are mad that this game won GOTY was because it was only looked at in terms of story. Not gameplay, not anything else. Games like ME3, AC3, Dishonored, and others at least had fun gameplay. This game, however, does not and it isn't fair to give a game GOTY status for it's story alone.
---
GT: Ru3 1711
Online games I play: ME3, any CoD, Halo 4(soon)
#83darkharePosted 12/9/2012 11:59:13 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
The reason why people are mad that this game won GOTY was because it was only looked at in terms of story. Not gameplay, not anything else. Games like ME3, AC3, Dishonored, and others at least had fun gameplay. This game, however, does not and it isn't fair to give a game GOTY status for it's story alone.

in every other game ive played, story and gameplay are seperate from each other. the walking dead, its story is its gameplay.
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..