This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

will EA destroy DICE?

#11Dragon NexusPosted 12/8/2012 9:03:36 AM
EA's got like a reverse Midas Touch.

Is that why they make so much money?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#12LeetCheetPosted 12/8/2012 9:10:39 AM
They killed Westwood. Brutally.
Just look at the huge downfall of quality in the Command & Conquer series since Red Alert 1.

Oh yeah, and the next installment is being developed by Bioware Victory, which in it's turn has absolutely NOTHING to do with the real Bioware whatsoever.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2093287_o.gif
Speedrunnin' through life since 1991.
#13Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 9:13:39 AM
LeetCheet posted...
They killed Westwood. Brutally.
Just look at the huge downfall of quality in the Command & Conquer series since Red Alert 1.

They literally disemboweled westwood with their restrictions and then pushed games out to market when they weren't ready since so many WW employees up and quit. Man that was a bad time for PC games.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#14Dragon NexusPosted 12/8/2012 9:27:00 AM
Same deal for Bullfrog as well.
"Hey, yeah...Bullfrog, was it? We know you like making these world changing sim style games with emphesis on building your power like Themepark, Populus, Magic Carpet, Syndicate and such, and that's just lovely but they don't really sell. Tell you what, how about you go and make us a racing game or we'll close your studio and fire the lot of you. M'kay? Atta boy."

So they made that racing game.
It sucked.

Bullfrog languished ever since.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#15SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 9:38:05 AM
Lionhead hasn't done much for MS either. That pedo simulator went nowhere too. There seems to be a common link there between EA, Bullfrog, MS and Lionhead, oh yeah it's Molyneux.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#16bluehat94Posted 12/8/2012 9:47:47 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Lionhead hasn't done much for MS either. That pedo simulator went nowhere too. There seems to be a common link there between EA, Bullfrog, MS and Lionhead, oh yeah it's Molyneux.

Fable? All three were very successful in sales, and reviewed well.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#17JoeyFNKPosted 12/8/2012 9:50:46 AM
He's talking about the tech demo that they showed when the Kinect was first revealed.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Batman: Arkham Asylum
#18bluehat94Posted 12/8/2012 9:52:58 AM
JoeyFNK posted...
He's talking about the tech demo that they showed when the Kinect was first revealed.

I was referring to the part where he said LH hasn't done much for MS. Milo and Kate was the Kinect thing.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#19SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 10:02:59 AM
bluehat94 posted...
JoeyFNK posted...

I was referring to the part where he said LH hasn't done much for MS. Milo and Kate was the Kinect thing.

They haven't. Since acquisition: Fable 2 and 3 (last one was very disappointing), and Fable Heroes and Fable Journey which have metacritics 55 and 61, and afaik didn't sell. The only new thing I saw from them was a pedo sim.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#20JoeyFNKPosted 12/8/2012 10:22:07 AM
What is this pedo sim you are talking about? Because no such thing exists.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Batman: Arkham Asylum