This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you enjoy the Spike VGA awards? Were you expecting a 720 announcement?

#11PantherRiderPosted 12/8/2012 6:03:20 AM
CaPwnD posted...
I didn't expect it but I was hoping for it. But this isn't the time... not right before the holiday. It will be after a casual cool down period. I predict the second week of April.

I'm predicting about two weeks after the superbowl... I think it'll be around Late February when and if they unveil it this year... think about it, its cold, for most crap weather(this is about the time where most suicides occur, and what better way to make suicides disappear than by unveiling a new game console, might turn some of those depressed people around and say... well one more year, i'll give the new xbox a try then hang my self with the wired controller that i bought for it...)
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**
#12The_MadnessPosted 12/8/2012 6:04:25 AM
I watched a little... they are always garbage. A thirty second clip of a game, maybe a 30 second speech followed by 5 minutes of commercials or 3-5 minutes of music or pop culture junk.

I'd rather hear Gabe Newell, Cliffy B, Notch, talk or present awards as opposed to Marlon Wayans.

Then again, it's America, this kind of junk is par for the course when it comes to them.

Seriously, did you hear the crap Marlon Wayans said and then introduce Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion. Like wtf, we tuned in for the games and to get a glimpse at people behind the games.

Instead we get celebrity twitter plugs, and more self-righteous Samuel L. Jackson. He was a great actor, now I feel like he is a cartoon caricature.
#13YamaguxhiPosted 12/8/2012 6:10:31 AM
Yes I enjoyed the show(cough* dark souls 2 cough*) but I was not expecting them to announce a new console.

I'm excited for metro last light too.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#14RPG_ApostlePosted 12/8/2012 6:25:34 AM
The_Madness posted...
I watched a little... they are always garbage. A thirty second clip of a game, maybe a 30 second speech followed by 5 minutes of commercials or 3-5 minutes of music or pop culture junk.

I'd rather hear Gabe Newell, Cliffy B, Notch, talk or present awards as opposed to Marlon Wayans.

Then again, it's America, this kind of junk is par for the course when it comes to them.

Seriously, did you hear the crap Marlon Wayans said and then introduce Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion. Like wtf, we tuned in for the games and to get a glimpse at people behind the games.

Instead we get celebrity twitter plugs, and more self-righteous Samuel L. Jackson. He was a great actor, now I feel like he is a cartoon caricature.

I have to say, I mostly agree with this.

We get it, Sam Jackson. You like what pop culture has done to you, you're just likes Jules in Pulp Fiction. We get it. We don't need to be reminded of it when coming back from each and every commercial break. I love his film work, but damn did it get old fast last night.

Unfortunately, only stuff like E3, or one-on-one interviews give us any sort of look as to what developers think of the industry, peers they have a lot of respect for, etc. Wish we got more of that.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#15Solid SonicPosted 12/8/2012 6:40:50 AM
I do not watch the VGAs because I don't willingly subject myself to dreck (Sonic 360 notwithstanding).

I was interested in the announcements, though.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 12/8/2012 6:48:50 AM
Didn't that, um, "comedian" present a couple years ago? Googling.... Dane Cook? At least they're not still inflicting that horrorshow on us.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#17El_ZaggyPosted 12/8/2012 7:58:54 AM
What was great about the VGAs - The orchestra

What was bad about the VGAs- Everything else

Most of the hosts were out of place. Why Jessica Alba was even there ? Is she an inflencial personality in the gaming industry ? No ? then why she was there ? Along with Snoop 'lion' and other tards ? Why Linkin Park is there anyway?

Then there was the jokes. They were not good or funny.. It seems it was made by some team that watch the gaming industry from the surface.

There was too much commercial, probably too pay for all the celebrties that came that are not related to the gaming industries.

Most of the preview were not in game material, it was very underwhelming.

And I could continue on the VGAs. This was bad.
#18JoeyFNKPosted 12/8/2012 8:53:32 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
What was great about the VGAs - The orchestra

What was bad about the VGAs- Everything else

Most of the hosts were out of place. Why Jessica Alba was even there ? Is she an inflencial personality in the gaming industry ? No ? then why she was there ? Along with Snoop 'lion' and other tards ? Why Linkin Park is there anyway?

Then there was the jokes. They were not good or funny.. It seems it was made by some team that watch the gaming industry from the surface.

There was too much commercial, probably too pay for all the celebrties that came that are not related to the gaming industries.

Most of the preview were not in game material, it was very underwhelming.

And I could continue on the VGAs. This was bad.

It is almost like you don't know what Spike TV is.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Batman: Arkham Asylum
#19kinglink13Posted 12/8/2012 9:07:04 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Wii U was announced at E3. Xbox 360 was announced at a special event. I don't believe it was a secret. Killers were there, it was that time.

Actually the Wii U was announced at Nintendo's Investor Meeting.

And as for Xbox 720 nope, it's a Video Game Award Show so I don't know why any company would announce a new console at it, especially since they wouldn't be able to talk about it very much.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic