This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what shocked you at the spike VGA

#1ponderingcowPosted 12/8/2012 5:25:04 AM
I was shocked with mass effect 3 winning best RPG
No idea how that happened
---
Posted from my GBA with L33T Cheese v1
#2RPG_ApostlePosted 12/8/2012 5:32:30 AM
It was the first time I saw footage of Bioshock: Infinite.

I was not impressed. It completely lacked the dark, morose atmosphere of the original. You're supposed to feel helpless, it adds so much, and instead... It seems like they're trying to make a first person adventure game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#3SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 5:48:22 AM
The Dark Souls 2 trailer came out of nowhere.

Also, Gears of War: Judgment and Tomb Raider look 100 times better than I initially thought, very excited for them now.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4DieMyBridePosted 12/8/2012 6:00:49 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...

I was not impressed. It completely lacked the dark, morose atmosphere of the original. You're supposed to feel helpless, it adds so much, and instead... It seems like they're trying to make a first person adventure game.

It's not supposed to be like the original. I don't think anybody felt helpless with Plasmids in the first 2 games. 2 games with the same approach, its a good thing to do something different now and then.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#5kill_distroyPosted 12/8/2012 6:28:33 AM
The phantom pain being a metal gear solid trailer in disguise
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#6BlueJester007Posted 12/8/2012 6:30:59 AM
The amount of people displeased with Walking Dead winning GotY.

It does not really matter. I'm glad it won, but the whole VGA concept is a load of crap in the first place. Never liked it. But it is nice to see a game like that win.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#7RPG_ApostlePosted 12/8/2012 7:01:59 AM
DieMyBride posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...

It's not supposed to be like the original. I don't think anybody felt helpless with Plasmids in the first 2 games. 2 games with the same approach, its a good thing to do something different now and then.

I was referring to the atmosphere, the feeling that at any time a spicer could come running at you from nowhere, you felt alone, abandoned...

Infinite doesn't seem to have that. I'm not saying Infinite looks to be a terrible game. Just not what I was hoping for in a sequel.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#8SomnambulisticPosted 12/8/2012 7:05:40 AM(edited)
Honestly, I wouldn't even call Infinite a sequel. It's really got nothing in common with the other two games outside of having a really unique setting/atmosphere and focusing on the utilization of special powers during gameplay. That, and it shares the title.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#9Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 7:16:24 AM
I was referring to the atmosphere, the feeling that at any time a spicer could come running at you from nowhere, you felt alone, abandoned...

Infinite doesn't seem to have that. I'm not saying Infinite looks to be a terrible game. Just not what I was hoping for in a sequel.

Did you want another sequel like Bioshock 2? I love how Infinite isn't trying to recreate the original. It's a sequel in themes.
---
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#10RPG_ApostlePosted 12/8/2012 7:19:21 AM
Arucard05 posted...

Did you want another sequel like Bioshock 2? I love how Infinite isn't trying to recreate the original. It's a sequel in themes.

God no. BioShock 2 had none of the soul of the original.

But BioShock is the successor to SystemShock, one of the most atmospheric games of all time. I was hoping they'd keep that going.
---