This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RobotSquad: Why You Should Play The Walking Dead

#21headwounds13Posted 12/8/2012 9:34:31 AM
Hello, I am also a professional whine account, is this the place where I stop by to tell people that they shouldn't post anything on my precious board? I'd make a topic asking, but that doesn't fit snugly enough with my "always be complaining" rubric.
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#22Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 9:40:06 AM(edited)
TWD however brought a genre out of nowhere and made it plausible for telling a really good story, have I ever played point and click games before TWD? Nope, will I do so now? Yeah .. and that's why I think it won because it made an irrelevant genre, relevant ...

I just want to mention that more than almost anything, the Adventure genre is known for great storytelling. Storytelling and puzzles.

And the genre has seen a big resurgence in recent years. I don't want to downplay The Walking Dead, but Adventure games haven't been irrelevant for years.

I recommend Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey to anybody with an interest in the genre.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#23darkharePosted 12/8/2012 9:41:51 AM
Arucard05 posted...
TWD however brought a genre out of nowhere and made it plausible for telling a really good story, have I ever played point and click games before TWD? Nope, will I do so now? Yeah .. and that's why I think it won because it made an irrelevant genre, relevant ...

I just want to mention that more than almost anything, the Adventure genre is known for great storytelling. Storytelling and puzzles.

And the genre has seen a big resurgence in recent years. I don't want to downplay The Walking Dead, but Adventure games haven't been irrelevant for years.

I recommend Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey to anybody with an interest in the genre.

TheCave is a upcoming adventure game that seems to have promise.
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#24RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:43:24 AM
headwounds13 posted...
Hello, I am also a professional whine account, is this the place where I stop by to tell people that they shouldn't post anything on my precious board? I'd make a topic asking, but that doesn't fit snugly enough with my "always be complaining" rubric.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S ALIVE!
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#25Killah PriestPosted 12/8/2012 9:43:43 AM
I played it, it was underwhelming and weak.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#26RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:44:01 AM
darkhare posted...
Arucard05 posted...

Is that the one by DoubleFine?
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#27Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 9:45:28 AM

By Ron Gilbert himself! Can't wait.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#28TheBlueStigPosted 12/8/2012 9:51:43 AM
The topic title is very telling, members of something called the RobotSquad telling you what you should do, so you can become a mindless walking robot, just like them....
#29RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:52:52 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
The topic title is very telling, members of something called the RobotSquad telling you what you should do, so you can become a mindless walking robot, just like them....

If I were mindless, would I be able to tell you where to stick it?

Also, the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is our bible.
---
#30SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 9:53:17 AM
TheBlueStig posted...

Honestly, just curious, is anything not a conspiracy in your world?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.