This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RobotSquad: Why You Should Play The Walking Dead

#41Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 10:30:59 AM
Wow people got really touchy about this topic existing.

It's just the people who refuse to accept that gaming has broadened its horizons since the NES came out.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#42TheBlueStigPosted 12/8/2012 10:39:22 AM
Arucard05 posted...
How did TWD "evolve gaming" when it plays the same as most old FMV games on the Sega CD?

It handles morality and consequence in a way that games until now have largely simply sidestepped.

There's been plenty of games in the last 2 generations where your choices have lasting effects on your game path and your "destiny" within that game.

Morality and Consequence are NOT new concepts to gaming, they've been done before so TWD didn't "evolve" a damn thing.
#43Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 10:41:49 AM
This really hurts you doesn't it.

Have you learned nothing from videogame boss fights? Never reveal your weak point.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#44darkharePosted 12/8/2012 10:45:12 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Arucard05 posted...
How did TWD "evolve gaming" when it plays the same as most old FMV games on the Sega CD?

It handles morality and consequence in a way that games until now have largely simply sidestepped.

There's been plenty of games in the last 2 generations where your choices have lasting effects on your game path and your "destiny" within that game.

Morality and Consequence are NOT new concepts to gaming, they've been done before so TWD didn't "evolve" a damn thing.

what game do you think should win, thats made you so upset about this game getting goty?
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#45desert_santaPosted 12/8/2012 10:54:31 AM
la_mayonesa posted...
desert_santa posted...
i wanna play it, but i am waiting for it to be released in a collection so it will be cheaper than buying each episode individually

For some reason it's actually going to cost 5 dollars more to buy the bundle...

oh, that's kinda bizarre

guess i will buy it individually eventually then!
#46LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/8/2012 10:56:45 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Even with the "bad ending" I'd easily put ME3 over TWD every single time.

ME3 was great, amazing even. But did it evolve gaming in any way?

Did you seriously just post this?

The best thing that TWD does...is the exact same thing Mass Effect has been doing for 6 years. Except 100x worse and with 100x less content.

I really suggest you start playing some real games. These shoddy intern developed "My First Adventure" games are either eroding your reasoning ability or making you so bored that posting laughable stuff like this is actually entertaining to you.

Seek help! Assassin's Creed 3 has more content than 1,000 episodes of TWD would and actually uses technology developed this decade. I highly recommend it! Maybe Santa will bring it to you if you're a good boy and stop trolling strangers on the internet.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#47Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 10:58:19 AM

The best thing that TWD does...is the exact same thing Mass Effect has been doing for 6 years. Except 100x worse and with 100x less content.

I really suggest you start playing some real games. These shoddy intern developed "My First Adventure" games are either eroding your reasoning ability or making you so bored that posting laughable stuff like this is actually entertaining to you.

Seek help! Assassin's Creed 3 has more content than 1,000 episodes of TWD would and actually uses technology developed this decade. I highly recommend it! Maybe Santa will bring it to you if you're a good boy and stop trolling strangers on the internet.

Despite myself, I actually find this post kind of adorable.
---
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#48Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 11:00:07 AM
Though I will agree with you on one thing. Assassin's Creed III is a great game. I said as much in my review.

http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2012/10/review-assassins-creed-iii-360ps3.html
---
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#49RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:00:10 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Even with the "bad ending" I'd easily put ME3 over TWD every single time.

ME3 was great, amazing even. But did it evolve gaming in any way?

I love how you say ME3 is better, but that's it. You didn't actually post anything to back up your statement whatsoever.

If we're passing off opinions as facts now, green > blue.

And technology developed this decade? I still play 16 and 8 bit games because they stand the test of time, they're still as perfect today as they were then. Technology really don't have much to do with anything in this case.

And FYI, he has reviewed Assassins Creed 3. Even got an advanced copy. He reviewed it quite favorably.

And since you're so butthurt, here you go: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/36/21/03/33/0036210333306_500X500.jpg
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#50Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 11:02:12 AM
If we're passing off opinions as facts now, green > blue.

What the hell? I thought we were on the same side here!
---
It's better than bad.