This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RobotSquad: Why You Should Play The Walking Dead

#71MrluzoPosted 12/8/2012 2:36:13 PM
He did not suggest that, and you are missing the point completely.
#72CapwnDPosted 12/8/2012 2:42:50 PM
D1Tremere posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Only real games should win GOTY. What's next? I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1: Game of the Decade.

This.

This...Is what someone who isn't a real gamer would say.

Some of the best games ever made are adventure titles, games that launched careers and that many of us cut our teeth on.

I would rather have a game that keeps me engrossed and makes me feel as if my decisions actually matter then yet another all action till you get bored and buy the next sequel mega title, real game play is about immersion however it is achieved.

So you are suggesting that if a commercial "engrosses" you through its whole duration it should be able to be nominated for best movie of the year in the Academy Awards?

So Spike is the Academy Awards now? Since when was Spike's awards considered the be-all end all of GOTY lists?

And you are comparing a 2 minute commercial to a 2 hour movie. How long is TWD? 5 hours? That's pretty close to the length of Halo 4 (yes, I completed it on Legendary).

But more importantly, a real gamer would consider a game great if they feel it was a great experience. Whether it's Journey at only 2 hours or playing COD online for 25 days. And a real gamer wouldn't judge a game based on his own bias, a real gamer would recognize that he is not Comic Book Guy incarnate, that he is just another opinion. Is a movie only good if James Cameron made it? Is a game only good if you like it?
---
Thrash Zone
#73JamanjaxPosted 12/8/2012 2:49:56 PM
Y'know, I'm really glad it won. I haven't played much of it, as I'm holding off for the retail release, but I do plan on diving into that as soon as I possibly can. From what I do know, however, it certainly deserves the GOTY award even if there were a couple other games I'd personally prefer to see have it in the bag. It looks to be a hell of an experience, though I'll reserve judgement on that 'til I've actually played the thing, and I have to commend it for bringing a genre that was previously dead in the water back into the limelight.

But I will say, I'm quite annoyed by those speaking out against the game when they haven't played it, or even those who have played it and let their own biases get in the way of their thoughts on TWD as GOTY. What annoys me even further though, is how people apparently think that Spike's VGAs now matter, after talking nothing but trash about them every year before this. And finally, the last, most annoying thing: Reassurance topics such as this.

You like it, great. You recognize what it brought to the table and why it's so deserving of GOTY. Even better. Then just leave it at that. 'Cause as it stands, these topics serve no point. You aren't changing anyone's mind, and as such, it comes off more as a desperate plea of "Oh, it really did deserve GOTY.. Didn't it..?"

Just sayin'.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#74Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 2:52:08 PM
You like it, great. You recognize what it brought to the table and why it's so deserving of GOTY. Even better. Then just leave it at that. 'Cause as it stands, these topics serve no point. You aren't changing anyone's mind, and as such, it comes off more as a desperate plea of "Oh, it really did deserve GOTY.. Didn't it..?"

Just sayin'.

The article was being written since before the awards.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#75JamanjaxPosted 12/8/2012 2:54:07 PM
The article was being written since before the awards.

That may be true, but this is still a relevant topic to post my little rant in.
---
#76Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 2:55:27 PM
I liked the rest of the rant :)
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#77JamanjaxPosted 12/8/2012 2:57:03 PM
I liked the rest of the rant :)

Why thank you, I do try!
---
#78StrataElitePosted 12/8/2012 3:11:13 PM
Umm no the game sucks BTW I do eat my carrots I just dont play bad videogames.
#79SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 3:12:33 PM
StrataElite posted...
Umm no the game sucks BTW I do eat my carrots I just dont play bad videogames.

Hah! ZING! You got em!
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#80LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/8/2012 3:16:02 PM
CaPwnD posted...
D1Tremere posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Only real games should win GOTY. What's next? I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1: Game of the Decade.

This.

This...Is what someone who isn't a real gamer would say.

Some of the best games ever made are adventure titles, games that launched careers and that many of us cut our teeth on.

I would rather have a game that keeps me engrossed and makes me feel as if my decisions actually matter then yet another all action till you get bored and buy the next sequel mega title, real game play is about immersion however it is achieved.

So you are suggesting that if a commercial "engrosses" you through its whole duration it should be able to be nominated for best movie of the year in the Academy Awards?

So Spike is the Academy Awards now? Since when was Spike's awards considered the be-all end all of GOTY lists?

And you are comparing a 2 minute commercial to a 2 hour movie. How long is TWD? 5 hours? That's pretty close to the length of Halo 4 (yes, I completed it on Legendary).

But more importantly, a real gamer would consider a game great if they feel it was a great experience. Whether it's Journey at only 2 hours or playing COD online for 25 days. And a real gamer wouldn't judge a game based on his own bias, a real gamer would recognize that he is not Comic Book Guy incarnate, that he is just another opinion. Is a movie only good if James Cameron made it? Is a game only good if you like it?

It's a hypothetical question.

TWD does nothing new, nothing better than the competition, offers less content, and has a pricing model that most gamers complain about else where. It's not GOTY material. It barely qualifies as a "game". Just how commercials don't qualify as movies.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009