This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RobotSquad: Why You Should Play The Walking Dead

#81IWUPosted 12/8/2012 4:16:54 PM
StrataElite posted...
Umm no the game sucks BTW I do eat my carrots I just dont play bad videogames.

Another know-it-all who hasn't played the game. Yeah, that's what this board needs more of.
---
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
#82FFTHEWINNERPosted 12/8/2012 4:19:39 PM
Was the game great?
Yes.
Did it deserve to be GOTY?
No.Mass effect 3 was much better.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#83JamanjaxPosted 12/8/2012 4:59:29 PM
It barely qualifies as a "game". Just how commercials don't qualify as movies.

I've gotta' say, that's the worst comparison I've seen 'round these parts. And that's saying a lot.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#84StrataElitePosted 12/8/2012 5:10:07 PM
IWU posted...
StrataElite posted...
Umm no the game sucks BTW I do eat my carrots I just dont play bad videogames.

Another know-it-all who hasn't played the game. Yeah, that's what this board needs more of.

Oh look another Walking Dead fanboy that is over reacting about someones opinion look I download the demo for EP 1 and EP 2 played through both and did not like it. I love the TV show but this thing they call a game is not good at all.
---
meh.
#85Robot_SoopaPosted 12/8/2012 5:12:53 PM
StrataElite posted...
Oh look another Walking Dead fanboy that is over reacting about someones opinion look I download the demo for EP 1 and EP 2 played through both and did not like it. I love the TV show but this thing they call a game is not good at all.

You played through the demos of a heavily narrative focused game.

Sounds like a smart way to make a decision.
#86HeLeehamPosted 12/8/2012 5:17:08 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
StrataElite posted...

You played through the demos of a heavily narrative focused game.

Sounds like a smart way to make a decision.

I watched the trailer for pulp fiction and decided I didn't like it.

(I didn't really its my favourite film)
#87Arucard05Posted 12/8/2012 6:24:00 PM
I watched a commercial for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I thought it tasted really good.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#88LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/8/2012 10:53:46 PM
Terrible analogies.

As I keep saying, story is ONE aspect of video games. Gameplay is no less important. GOTY needs to be strong in ALL departments. The award isn't "Game with Pretty Good Story". It's the best game released all year- the game above and beyond any other game of the year. TWD is not above and beyond anything.

The fact that it keeps being compared to movies is just a testament to how it barely qualifies as a game. Games are not movies, they should not strive to be be "cinematic".
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#89Robot_SoopaPosted 12/8/2012 11:15:25 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Terrible analogies.

As I keep saying, story is ONE aspect of video games. Gameplay is no less important. GOTY needs to be strong in ALL departments. The award isn't "Game with Pretty Good Story". It's the best game released all year- the game above and beyond any other game of the year. TWD is not above and beyond anything.

The fact that it keeps being compared to movies is just a testament to how it barely qualifies as a game. Games are not movies, they should not strive to be be "cinematic".

You don't get to decide what the rules are. Deal with it.
#90JamanjaxPosted 12/8/2012 11:24:50 PM
Terrible analogies.

I've got another one of those for ya'.

It barely qualifies as a "game". Just how commercials don't qualify as movies.

---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.