This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RobotSquad: Why You Should Play The Walking Dead

#91TheBlueStigPosted 12/9/2012 12:02:42 AM
Arucard05 posted...
How did TWD "evolve gaming" when it plays the same as most old FMV games on the Sega CD?

It handles morality and consequence in a way that games until now have largely simply sidestepped.

You never had a Sega CD did you?

More than a few games on that system played the same way as TWD, and had branching paths based on your choices in the game.

There is NOTHING new in TWD at all, there is no "evolution" of gaming, only a de-evolution back to the 16 bit FMV days, and those kinds of "games" were universally despised back then which was just one of the reasons for the Sega CD's failure.

That's why TWD doesn't deserve any nomination for GoTY let alone winning the damn "award".

And since when does a game have to "evolve gaming" to be considered for a GoTY award? When did that rule get put in place, and by who?
#92delux19Posted 12/9/2012 12:10:02 AM
This is a generation of simple minded Michael Bay types. Proof is in this topic. They can't appreciate genius. TellTale's The Walking Dead is far too good for them.
#93darkharePosted 12/9/2012 12:41:55 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Arucard05 posted...
How did TWD "evolve gaming" when it plays the same as most old FMV games on the Sega CD?

It handles morality and consequence in a way that games until now have largely simply sidestepped.

More than a few games on that system played the same way as TWD, and had branching paths based on your choices in the game.

There is NOTHING new in TWD at all, there is no "evolution" of gaming, only a de-evolution back to the 16 bit FMV days, and those kinds of "games" were universally despised back then which was just one of the reasons for the Sega CD's failure.

That's why TWD doesn't deserve any nomination for GoTY let alone winning the damn "award".

And since when does a game have to "evolve gaming" to be considered for a GoTY award? When did that rule get put in place, and by who?

your seriously comparing http://youtu.be/PggO1YWT8pk to The Walking Dead? the least you could have done was compare TheWalkingDead with some of the arcade classics like DragonsLair and SpaceAce. this genre, whether you agree or not has become relevent as a story telling medium and that imo is exactly what we need in the gen of the shooter.

---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#94LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/9/2012 12:51:08 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Arucard05 posted...

Exactly

It's a quick cash in of an extremely popular franchise. It's evident in the simple design, dated game engine, and lazy, exploitative pricing structure. The only award is the easy money the executives are getting from gullible fanboys eager to eat anything up. "Genius"...lmao
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#95Robot_SoopaPosted 12/9/2012 1:06:54 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Exactly

It's a quick cash in of an extremely popular franchise. It's evident in the simple design, dated game engine, and lazy, exploitative pricing structure. The only award is the easy money the executives are getting from gullible fanboys eager to eat anything up. "Genius"...lmao

Look at Mr. Game Designer over here. Psychically knowing how much effort went into making a game and how simple it is.

Plenty of AAA games have been around the 6 hour length of Walking Dead though and it doesn't take complexity to make a good game.

You're not even trying anymore.
#96delux19Posted 12/9/2012 1:10:27 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...

Exactly

lol @ this guy.
#97RetroFanGirlPosted 12/9/2012 1:42:55 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Let this lame topic die....If anyone wanna watch a movie, Netflix is cheap. Seriously its like all the walking dead fan-boys have nothing to do since there is no new episodes till Feb

Maybe Call of Duty will win next year!

Didn't have anything with substance to say so had to fall back on the CoD thing huh?
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#98Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 12/9/2012 1:50:20 AM
I love the game and I'm glad to see it won GOTY even though I'm pretty sure it won solely on the name alone.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#99NinjuggalotusPosted 12/9/2012 1:53:13 AM
It deserves to be GOTY and I find the show to be average at best while the comics are trash.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#100CapwnDPosted 12/9/2012 1:58:00 AM
It's a hypothetical question.

TWD does nothing new, nothing better than the competition, offers less content, and has a pricing model that most gamers complain about else where. It's not GOTY material. It barely qualifies as a "game". Just how commercials don't qualify as movies.

You are still looking at it with an analytical point of view, not a gamers point of view. A game has an identity. A personality. A philosophy.

What you are talking about is semantics. Budgets. Number of sales. In the gaming world, that is just arbitrary zeros and ones.

You. Are arbitrary zeros and ones on your little gamefaqs account crying about how TWD isn't a game. Meanwhile, real gamers are having a s*** bunch of fun playing a game that you will never experience. And even if you did experience it and you don't like it, you are unable to comprehend what it means to the gamers who love that game.

That is why you are so foolish in this topic.
---
Thrash Zone