This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since there seems to be a misconception about The Walking Dead...

#1FirelanderXPosted 12/8/2012 11:39:22 AM(edited)
The Walking Dead started as a comic book, and the game is canon towards it. The television show belongs to AMC, and they are not involved with this game at all. Telltale's game is never advertised on their network, only the Facebook and FPS game are. Some people seem to think that the game is riding off the television show's popularity, forgetting that The Walking Dead is also a popular comic book series first.
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX
#2TheBlueStigPosted 12/8/2012 11:28:47 AM
As you were told in the other topic, it's simple name association, by the time people realize that the game and show don't have anything to do with eachother, all parties involved will have profited from it.
#3SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 11:30:58 AM
Yes all parties benefit, including the gamer, because they get to play the Game of the Year!
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4ZacTBPosted 12/8/2012 11:35:54 AM
I am glad I read the comics before playing this game, it made me understand the Walking Dead universe better and the characters that appear in the game. I really like how they handled Lilly and her story in the game. I hate how Robert Kirkman ruined it in one of the books but I just pretend it doesn't exist and Lilly in the game is Lilly in the comics as Telltale originally intended and told us until Episode 3.
#5JenniferTatePosted 12/8/2012 1:35:32 PM
I think the game is riding off of the show's popularity because the show is what made it a household name and put it on many peoples' radars. It's not a bad thing. That's been my experience with people who enjoy the game or the show; the comic book was a surprise to them.

I've also seen people think Fables is a knock off of Once Upon a Time and Grimm, which is funny since Once Upon a Time started as a Fables project. For better or worse, it takes the other media to bring recognition to titles since a lot of people don't follow the comic industry as deeply as others.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders