This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 or Hitman Absolution?

#1sonyfanboy992Posted 12/8/2012 3:07:21 PM
Which to get?
#2Fishman24Posted 12/8/2012 3:17:56 PM
I would go Far Cry 3.

I have Absolutions it is fun but not amazing. I would probably give it an 8-8.5 out of 10.

I have heard nothing but amazing things about Far Cry 3. It also has co-op and multiplayer.

While Absolutions just has single player campaign and contracts mode. I loved absolutions when I first got but I think I might need a break from the game.
#3KryingKetchupPosted 12/8/2012 3:29:04 PM
far cry 3 by far.

hitman will last about 6-8 hours campaign, and the gameplay looks the same no matter where you are, I watched my bro play for a bit, the story is really lame and its told in a way that makes it seem very video-gamey and awkward, seems like they always have to remind the player how badass agent 47 is or how "hitmen" are so powerful and bla bla bla, it looked pathetic.

Although contracts mode looks neat, it can grow stale if you aren't completely submersed in the game. He has both and after he beat hitman he has played fc3 for hours and hasnt touched hitman since.

I've played FC3 and its amazing and I'm only a few hours in, great storytelling, believable, I mean it really is fun. Plus there is TONS of stuff to do, and has a lot of great variety.

But, to each his own.
#4KryingKetchupPosted 12/8/2012 3:30:20 PM
Plus Farcry 3 map editor>>>>>>hit man contracts, unless you have no friends with fc3..but you'll still be able to download awesome user maps to play on.
#5WilkyPosted 12/8/2012 3:47:38 PM
I bought, played and completd hitman and loved it. Sold it to get far cry 3.

Im six hours into far cry 3 and ive done three missions and im loving it.

Also depends far cry 3 massivr choices to make. Hitman holds your hand so it depends what you like.

Far cry 3 for me though
#6ill-thoughtsPosted 12/8/2012 4:00:02 PM
rent hitman first....then rent far cry 3 when you get tired of hitman....

and you Will get tired of Hitman.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#7TheGrandFinalePosted 12/8/2012 4:03:38 PM
Far Cry 3 by the vastest of amounts. Not to say that Absolution is a bad game, but it's not a must-own in any way unlike FC3.