This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Villain of the Year (SPOILERS)

#21SunDevil77Posted 12/8/2012 7:56:52 PM
I gotta give some credit to Menendez, he's not the best by any means...but he was a fantastic character, especially for CoD.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#22JDGFootman1234Posted 12/8/2012 8:08:26 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Starchild for ruining what was up until that point an awesome franchise.

This should win. Starchild actually affected my real life.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson
#23Mbadinuju(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:06:39 PM
DragonRaizen posted...
Very tough choice. Handsome Jack and Vaaz both have the charisma. Jack is so full of himself that it gets funny, and the middle-point twist in the game fleshed out some sympathy for the guy. I feel, however, he is underdeveloped. When he is taunting you through ECHO, he is the best villain, but as a character himself, not a lot was explored. What happened in his past? Why is his face like that? So much missed potential.

Vaaz, from trailers alone, has captivated me. He is like the Joker: insane. It's a character that keeps you on the edge of your seat, because he is charismatic enough that you feel comfortable with him, at first. And then, in a split second, he has a gun on your head. Is he acting to get you off guard? Does he know something he is not letting on? Or is he just completely bat**** insane?

While these two are very good in the role of villains, one cannot overlook the Illusive Man. He is the perfect antithesis to the main character. He is a hero, as much as Shepard, but a decayed one. His last line, if you get him to suicide, puts it all in perspective "I tried, Shepard." Tried to resist the Reapers, tried to help, tried to support humanity, tried to do what was right. In 2, he was the uneasy alliance, the character with common goals that was aiding you but you clearly couldn't trust. In 3, he is the guy who is always ahead of Shepard(yeah,yeah, technically that's Kai Leng, but Kai Leng is such a token character with no real fleshing outside the novels).His attack on the Citadel really drove the point home. It was unexpected: the Citadel was the safest place on the galaxy outside a Reaper-scale attack - even for the player, the citadel was the place you went to talk, buy equipment, get quests. There was hardly any danger in there(outside the ending of 1, but that's long past) - and there you are with a human organization you never knew had this much punch taking on the central hub of galaxy itself! If you see the story from his perspective, he is a guy who believes he is the hero. That he is the one who has the guts to take the tough decisions that are needed, something which Shepard lacks. That, and Martin Sheen's performance is unique. That tone of him really gets the character something peculiar. He is smug, smart, charming, reasonable even. But behind all that, he is ruthless, and he is not a man to be defied.

I do love The Illusive Man. Throughout ME2 he perfected the "enemy of my enemy" persona, and in ME3 he almost had me convinced that he could control machines that were billions of years old. However, he became too cartoonishly evil. He had his moments, but throughout the game they really undermined his supposed intelligence.
---
If you believe in Handsome Jack , have accepted him as your god and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#24Mbadinuju(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:11:44 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I gotta give some credit to Menendez, he's not the best by any means...but he was a fantastic character, especially for CoD.

Indeed. I've always had a soft spot for the CoD campaigns, and this was my favorite. I wish Treyarch had spent more time on it, because they really had an interesting (and very close to home) scenario going on. Economic disparity, internet revolutions, and drone wars.
---
If you believe in Handsome Jack , have accepted him as your god and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#25nonexistingheroPosted 12/8/2012 11:47:09 PM
Hades, from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26Mbadinuju(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:16:49 PM
Last bump for a second day of voting.
---
#27BBBanks03Posted 12/9/2012 2:31:36 PM
I think it's pretty damn impressive that a game that had pretty much no story, and no real villain to speak of, managed to come back so strong in its sequel with arguably the best villain of the year.

.......Borderlands, of course.
---
Okay, we get it. Ya hate Call of Duty; it's extremely popular. It's also not going anywhere. MOVE THE EFF ON.
#28SoF-RamboPosted 12/9/2012 2:51:37 PM
John Konrad. Seriously.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#29DragonRaizenPosted 12/9/2012 3:51:31 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
John Konrad. Seriously.

This as well. Konrad is a villain unlike any other, more due to the nature of the story than his character itself. Still, the line(see what I did there?) between hero and villain is played brilliantly in this game
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#30robat223Posted 12/9/2012 4:26:50 PM
Casey Hudson?
---
Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper