This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I hate fantastically difficult games. Will DS2 have a easy mode?

#1maoriwarriorPosted 12/8/2012 4:17:28 PM
I don't care. Ill say it. Those games are hard lol.

I loved Demons souls but the slight increase in difficulty on dark souls just killed it for me apparently.

I would absolutely love an easy mode for these games. Any word on that or is it still to early?
---
GT: DiscipleOfFir3
Can build and design a site for you! Looking for a clan!
#2Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 4:20:26 PM(edited)
Too early to know. Surprised you struggled with dark souls though, I felt like it was the same mechanics so dark souls was way easier for me to jump into. You should give it another go.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#3flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 4:20:24 PM
lol Im going to with a 99.9% chance of no.

The game is as popular as it is in large part because of it's difficulty.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#4Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 4:21:27 PM
I do recall reading that they were going to make the mechanics less misleading though, so you don't have players doing dumb stuff like leveling resistance.
---
#5maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:23:03 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Too early to know. Surprised you struggled with dark souls though, I felt like it was the same mechanics so dark souls was way easier for me to jump into. You should give it another go.

I've thought about it. The beginning was just plain hell though.
---
GT: DiscipleOfFir3
I'm a sad individual. >_>
#6Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 4:25:16 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...

I've thought about it. The beginning was just plain hell though.

Did you go the skeleton route? Thats basically the wrong way to go. The hardest roadblocks for people are A) very beginning. B) The first Capra demon and C) anor londo archers/bosses. It's pretty easy once you know what hook they have to them. I beat the game at level 1 recently and can def. give advice on it!
---
#7PwnostarPosted 12/8/2012 5:05:11 PM
Christ, I hope not.

Without its difficulty, Dark Souls would just be a mediocre WRPG with hardly any story whatsoever.

The difficulty is part of the formula that makes it so great.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#8GGearXPosted 12/8/2012 5:09:21 PM
Pwnostar posted...
Christ, I hope not.

Without its difficulty, Dark Souls would just be a mediocre WRPG with hardly any story whatsoever.

The difficulty is part of the formula that makes it so great.

Its not difficult. It feels like a perfect normal mode game. Its just that people think that they can just run in sword slashing without dying. And then .....they die... then complain "its too hard"
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#9Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/8/2012 6:34:02 PM
Yeah, dark souls isn't hard at all. it's *misleading* and doesn't explain it's mechanics, thats all. Once you understand how poise, stability, and other mechanics works it's exceedingly easy to run through the game at level 1 with basically starter gear.
---
#10DarkStar643Posted 12/8/2012 6:46:18 PM
no. shame on them if they include it.
---
Listen to The Black Dahlia Murder.
Favorite game of all time: Earthbound