This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IMO, Max Payne 3 was the best single player game of the year

#21Chewy247(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:00:38 PM
InglewoodRider posted...
100% agreed. I'm quite sad to see so little appreciation of this game. If you would pay attention to the detail and gameplay the developers engineered, you would be surprised at the high realism and technology put in this masterpiece. It is criminally underrated IMO.

You nailed it dude. Exactly how I feel about it.
---
Now it was me and lil CC and we be chillin' by ourself, both of us just popped a pill, now im feelin myself
#22YamaguxhiPosted 12/8/2012 9:05:49 PM
I repectfully disagree.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#23HedorianPosted 12/8/2012 9:12:05 PM
Max payne 3 in da top five of all time
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#24schmittycent2Posted 12/8/2012 9:34:55 PM
If its the one of the best single player games out there why didn't it receive that much love?
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#25Hucast9Posted 12/8/2012 9:39:40 PM
Chewy247 posted...
Sure, it had its overlong cutscenes, but I felt the story was so well written and the characters were awesome.

I loved how it showed how Max met Raul and all that.

I think that it's not even close to the best single player game of the year. I just played through this game, and midway through it I was thinking to myself: "Damn this is the same crap over and over again but just different scenery". The game does not evolve much throughout the whole campaign. It's a nice game with some nice situations, but extremely repetitive.
#26SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 9:39:51 PM
The SP was good, but GOTY material? No. The gameplay is repetitive, you basically do the same thing in every room in every level.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#27bluehat94Posted 12/8/2012 9:44:02 PM
Sheepinator posted...
The SP was good, but GOTY material? No. The gameplay is repetitive, you basically do the same thing in every room in every level.

Can't that be said of most games?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#28BokuxPicoPosted 12/8/2012 9:48:03 PM
If I cared about your opinion, you'd have a television show
#29SheepinatorPosted 12/8/2012 9:50:45 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Not the "big" games. They tend to mix it up more, add in different mechanics for some levels, also provide more reason for replay value other than the BS Achievements. Every time in Max 3 I knew what I'd be doing next. Take BLOPS2 for example. One level you're on a horse in an open area. Another you're driving through a city with multiple paths. Another you're flying a jet. And that campaign is at best two thirds the length of MP3.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#30Hucast9Posted 12/8/2012 9:52:26 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Maybe, but in this game let's not kid ourselves. The repetiveness is extraordinary.