This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Walking Dead Collection or Fallout NV ultimate edition?

#11darkharePosted 12/9/2012 1:26:41 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
darkhare posted...
the fact that TheWalkingDead, a arcade game is being compared to full $60.00 retail games is saying a hell of alot about how good it actually is. NewVegas might have more content, but TheWalkingDead beats it easily in story, and at a quarter of the price. if its story your looking for, TheWalkingDead is a game that cant be beat.

I thought New Vegas Ultimate edition was only forty dollars? It was at the PX, if I recall correctly, and they are horrible with keeping up to date for prices.

So maybe TWD isn't a QUARTER, but more of... 60 percent? I know the game is only five dollars, but there are four other add-ons that each add up to 25 dollars.

i was comparing the full price of each game, not the price of the game after its been out for a year..i cant believe this even needed to be stated...
---
i dont wanna work, i just wanna bang on my drum all day..
#12aamotPosted 12/9/2012 5:37:24 AM
New Vegas if you haven't played it yet, hands down. The Walking Dead is great, but it's mostly a 1-time game to get the most impact from the storyline and decisions.

New Vegas is far less emotionally involved, but offers way better gameplay and far more content - especially the Ultimate Edition.
---
chrisAAMO
#13Vivi0198Posted 12/9/2012 5:47:50 AM
I'm getting The Walking Dead. I already own Fallout.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 12/9/2012 6:00:37 AM(edited)
Can't lose either way. FNVUE is $20 on Newegg, free shipping.

EDIT: Make that $30. It was $20 last week.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#15Perfect LightPosted 12/9/2012 7:20:22 AM
I played NV and enjoyed it more than FO3 but it still didn't keep my attention for very long, maybe 8 hours before I got bored. Go with The Walking Dead. Wouldn't you rather have quality over quantity?
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#16VelariosPosted 12/9/2012 7:29:43 AM
Definitely go for Fallout:NVUE. It's a great game with an enormous amount of content. The Walking Dead is also great but after the first playthrough you won't have the incentive to play it again.
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
#17Reel_Big_MikePosted 12/9/2012 10:29:04 AM
No contest. Go with Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
#18Black_KomaPosted 12/10/2012 8:38:49 AM
Fallout wins. fatality
#19moneyman80Posted 12/10/2012 8:46:22 AM
TC, ask yourself this, do you want to play a game or watch a movie? Since you're on a game site I would think you want to play a game. Go with Fallout.
---
Not changing my sig until the New Jersey Devils win their fourth Stanley Cup. Started 5/13/11
#20KillaBeAtPosted 12/10/2012 11:04:45 AM
I'm not a big Fallout fan (New Vegas particularly irked me) but I picked up NV: UE on the steam sale and it was totally worth every penny (all 2000 of them). I found the bugginess on the 360 to be a little much when I played it there for the first time, but thats just my two cents.

Both would be phenomenal purchases though as both are exceptional games (for completely different reasons)
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.