This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if one of your christmas presents was a game...

#31DeltronFFPosted 12/9/2012 9:38:32 AM
Id be surprised I got a Christmas present at all, because Im 26 and live on my own.

depressing and confusing post.

I also live on my own (outside of girlfriends staying with me at times) for the last 6-7 years and I am 27. Why does that mean you can't celebrate christmas? Do you stay home all day by yourself on Christmas?

My entire family meets up at my parents house still on Christmas morning, with our families (well, my bro and sis have children/families.. I just bring myself lol). Anyways, we all bring gifts for each other and hang out over there all day. Why would christmas end just because you live on your own?

anyways... on topic... yes, give me GTA V right nao
---
Hunter S Mario
http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mario-gonzo.jpg
#32mrhappyguy12345Posted 12/9/2012 9:57:57 AM
Vivi0198 posted...
Id be surprised I got a Christmas present at all, because Im 26 and live on my own.

Since when does being 26 (So old! Swing that cane and yell at the kids to stay off your lawn "old man" lol!) and living on your own excuse you from giving and receiving gifts? Pro tip here chief... if you ever have kids and you're trying to sell the whole notion of Santa and you also want new games while keeping your wife and/or girlfriend happy your'e going to have to cover your tracks by giving yourself some christmas gifts at Christmas. It's the perfect cover that works only in your advantage while keeping the illusion of Santa alive.

*on christmas morning, opening gifts with the wife and children*

"oh my, what is this? it seems that Santa has bought CapwnD the newest Far Cry game! Oh how thoughtful of Santa!"

"but damn that Santa he has already opened it and played it" lol.

lol
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#33mrhappyguy12345Posted 12/9/2012 10:04:25 AM
Perfect Light posted...
I'm 25, married and we have a daughter, and my parents and grandparents STILL ask me what game I want for Christmas (this year it's Transformers Fall of Cybertron and Dishonored). There is no age limit to getting presents. Plus, now I know how awesome it feels to buy someone exactly what THEY want and seeing them get excited is just as fun as opening things for myself.

Same here, just replace daughter w son. You're never too old for Christmas. Giving and getting gifts is fun for all ages.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#34Godly_GoofPosted 12/9/2012 10:07:48 AM
I'd be pissed. Mainly because I wont be home between December 20th and February 13th and would also have no access to Systems even if they sent it to me :/

I'd feel like they were trolling me
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#35mtjormitchPosted 12/9/2012 11:21:32 AM
I would expect something terrible to happen to me then due to the fact that they somehow were able to get a early copy strait from the devs. Like something terminally wrong with me.

That is what I would expect anyway.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#36Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/9/2012 11:30:31 AM
In all honesty, I'd be tempted to sell it to the highest bidder. But that would almost certainly get me arrested (or sued for a hefty sum, at least) so instead I'd probably hide it away somewhere until the release date.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#37LethalbuttersPosted 12/10/2012 10:20:59 PM
If I got a game early I would first freak the hell out. Then keep it a secret and play it offline or something. I dunno, what are the rules in this future? Is it legal? Who sent it? Is it a legit copy? Can we copy it and publish it as our own? You need rules or else we have no guide lines to follow.
---
It won't budge.