This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great RPGs around $30?

#11CapnStankyPosted 12/9/2012 5:07:10 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Actually, DD sold pretty good for a new IP and a sequel is already in the works.

No, it actually didn't. The pre-release sales estimate that Capcom gave investors for Japan only was a million copies. They didnt reach half that, and barely sold a million around the entire world. Huge bomb for them considering all the money and resources they put into it. And there's no sequel being worked on. There's an expansion that's also going to bomb.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#12RedFive3Posted 12/9/2012 5:10:34 PM
Yes there is, look it up. There was an article on Gamespot about it awhile ago. And a million copies is good. Stop being a troll.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#13LeftWid3Open(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:22:39 PM
I've heard alot about Tales of Vesperia but I never see it around. Could you find it at a local GameStop maybe?...
#14DieMyBridePosted 12/9/2012 6:08:06 PM
Stanky is a troll. Don't feed him.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#15gamertylersPosted 12/9/2012 6:18:01 PM
LeftWid3Open posted...
I've heard alot about Tales of Vesperia but I never see it around. Could you find it at a local GameStop maybe?...

I don't see why not. It is a pretty popular game. I would personally suggest Lost Odyssey. It's ~70 hours give or take, and made by the guy who did FF, with music by Nobuo Uematsu, who also did the music for ff.
#16DieMyBridePosted 12/9/2012 6:18:57 PM
LeftWid3Open posted...

Amazon has it for $20. You might be able to but GS will probably cost more.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#17Luthor_Posted 12/9/2012 7:13:02 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Actually, DD sold pretty good for a new IP and a sequel is already in the works.

A sequel is confirmed? Awesome, that's exactly what it needed to iron out some of the more obvious flaws. I hope they keep all of the roots and classes in tact though. Just like Dragons Dogma, its sequel will be another day one purchase for me. Dragons Dogma was easily a contender for GOTY for me. I can't label games like that though.
---
Dante Stormblade
#18killer_smurfPosted 12/9/2012 7:21:08 PM
The Witcher 2
#19CyricsServantPosted 12/9/2012 7:30:46 PM
Most, if not all, of the great western RPGs can be gotten for $30 or less.

Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect series
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga

I'd recommend all of the above.
#20JoboHotepPosted 12/9/2012 7:34:21 PM
I picked up Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition around a month ago for $15 new. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but people seem to generally like it, and for the price it's worth a shot.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child