This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 Slim-- Disc Issues?

#1Rockdude221Posted 12/9/2012 6:57:56 PM
My friend recently had his slim eat a lot of his discs, and something i've noticed, is a few of my discs look like they were just scraped on the sidewalk...

I take good care of my discs, and most of them are in really good shape. I always put them in the case after i'm done playing, and they don't sit around.

However, games where i've REALLY put in lots of hours (Skyrim, Dark Souls, any Mass Effect game) the discs look really beaten. Is this just normal wear and tear, or does the slim itself eat discs more than the original?
#2MRGPosted 12/9/2012 7:28:41 PM
some Slims tend to leave minor scratches on the edge of the games.

just a known thing, Microsoft doesn't care
---
Batman > *
http://i.imgur.com/uun4g.jpg
#3CapnStankyPosted 12/9/2012 8:36:32 PM
MRG posted...

They dont care because the problem doesn't actually exist.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#4randomweirdoPosted 12/9/2012 8:46:56 PM
CapnStanky posted...
MRG posted...

They dont care because the problem doesn't actually exist.

This. Don't know anyone with a slim who has this issue. I've personally owned a slim for well over 2 years now and none of my discs are scratched that weren't before I inserted them.
#5ill-thoughtsPosted 12/9/2012 9:08:59 PM
i dont deal with anything but the Arcade consoles circa 09/10.....the elite and slim consoles are nothin but trouble.
---
mighty are they in the forbidden knowledge.
#6josh924Posted 12/9/2012 9:22:25 PM
^ Are you basing that on anything other than your own paranoia?
---
When the trolls say "jump", the mods ask "how high?".
#7ill-thoughtsPosted 12/9/2012 9:27:26 PM
nah....just based on what iv heard about slims as far as performance of certain games, i dont really want anything to do with them. also, i have an attachable hard drive thats not compatible with elites and slims so yeah ill stick with whats worked for me for 5 years.
---
mighty are they in the forbidden knowledge.