This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

#31TheGam3925Posted 12/10/2012 9:29:05 AM
GTA IV
Shadows of the Damned
Dead Space
The Darkness
Max Payne 3
LA Noire
Dantes Inferno
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#32D_Rich_KingPosted 12/10/2012 9:29:46 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie off of XBLA
Beautiful Katamari
Limbo (maybe, depending on her personality and parent's attitudes towards cartoon violence)
Geometry Wars
A bunch of Kinect stuff like Haunt and Fruit Ninja

No @ Limbo I'm an adult and that game creeped me out!
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#33BlueJester007Posted 12/10/2012 9:32:42 AM(edited)
The Walking Dead.

I'm serious. That game gets you to critically think. Think about how well you and you're family are. In other words, it will make your daughter care about her family.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#34Phrostbyte101Posted 12/10/2012 9:39:58 AM
I hate to say it but the

Kinect /w few games
---
---
Phenom 955 @ 3.8Ghz, GA-MA790XT-UD4P, 4gbs XMS3 DHX @ 1600, Crossfire 4890's @ 950/1100, Thermaltake Contac 30 sink, OCZ Vertex 2 90gb
#35GGearXPosted 12/10/2012 9:42:15 AM
Megaman_Crazy posted...
Game recommendations do go along with her cute little pink controller?

Hope you don't give her the wrong little pink controller ;)
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#36pothocketPosted 12/10/2012 9:43:52 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
The Walking Dead.

I'm serious. That game gets you to critically think. Think about how well you and you're family are. In other words, it will make your daughter care about her family.

Too many F bombs.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#37SlimeSwayzePosted 12/10/2012 9:46:41 AM
pothocket posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
The Walking Dead.

Too many F bombs.

I agree that it's not a good game for kids, for multiple reasons. And as a parent, if you need to use a game to make your daughter care about her family, you've already failed. Maybe in a few years TWD will be appropriate.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#38CTImpPosted 12/10/2012 9:50:21 AM
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.
---
Like my favorite show The O'Reilly Factor when I post the spin stops here.
#39SunSolFlarePosted 12/10/2012 9:54:00 AM
Sonic Generations
#40GGearXPosted 12/10/2012 9:54:02 AM
CTImp posted...
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.

This.
Get good games TC. My first games were Turok , super smash bros. Legend Of Zelda Links awakening, and Barbies horse ride adventure.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........