This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

#71Lan915Posted 12/10/2012 12:32:58 PM(edited)
Obtik posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
GTA IV, my niece loved that game at the age of 7.

Take notes fire, or is this perhaps a redemption? We may never know.

My dad bought me GTA III when I was in fifth grade and I loved it. I didn't become a serial killer, like most parents would say though.

Just take note of this, do not, I repeat DO NOT make your daughter play online multiplayer games, she'll become expose to a lot things that are worse than any "M" rated game. Plus her grades will drop if she gets addicted to them which is very likely because most kids do. How do I know this? Well I'm speaking from experience.
#72MisterSpliffPosted 12/10/2012 12:32:54 PM
Matt_256 posted...
Rayman Origins.

this is a mans game. she wont be able to handle it.
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#73CTImpPosted 12/10/2012 12:42:19 PM
So you are considering Super Meat Boy with its mean spirited, raunchy, and juvenile humor, yet Portal 2 is too cynical?

I wouldn't recommend Super Meat Boy just for the difficulty. If Portal is too cynical for a 9 year old then you should probably keep her away from anything outside of preschool entertainment.
---
Like my favorite show The O'Reilly Factor when I post the spin stops here.
#74mrjoe_94Posted 12/10/2012 12:48:13 PM
Good ones, for starters. Lego ones are a good idea as they're actually fun games. Don't buy her something just because "it's for kids". There are legitimately good games out there that, while aren't targeted at kids won't traumatize her. Portal 1 & 2 are good as well.
---
---
PSN: Mrjoe1994
#75ChiRobotPosted 12/10/2012 12:50:38 PM
Lego Star wars
---
[2-years on GFAQS] OBJECT THE OBJECTION
NP:Skyrim- Up Next: Dark Souls- To Buy:Far Cry 3
#76SlimeSwayzePosted 12/10/2012 12:56:42 PM
I forgot the Lego Harry Potter games. They are also great co-op games to play with your kids.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#77Masterchief5525Posted 12/10/2012 12:58:19 PM
Sonic and sega all stars racing or the newer version which is called Sonic all stars racing transformed
#78MinamoPosted 12/10/2012 12:59:29 PM
CTImp posted...
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.

Parents are stupider this generation. I don't trust them to teach their kids right from wrong.
#79MizunoRyuuPosted 12/10/2012 1:03:57 PM
Anything with a rating of 15 or under would do, provided it doesn't have obvious sex themes. Violence is fine though.

Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy XIII or any cute anime game would do.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#80xMythicPosted 12/10/2012 1:22:20 PM
Dark Souls
---
GT/PSN: xMythic
Go Gators!