This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

9 Year Old Girl getting 360 for Christmas

#91Echo_djinnPosted 12/10/2012 5:39:36 PM
Rayman Origins. The Mario of modern games.
---
Wasting your time is the best use of my time.
Currently playing: Xcom: Enemy Unknown "Classic Ironman Difficulty"
#92silverbulltPosted 12/10/2012 5:48:17 PM
Megaman_Crazy posted...
Game recommendations do go along with her cute little pink controller?

Kameo is your best bet. It was a launch game by Rare.
http://www.ign.com/games/kameo-elements-of-power/xbox-360-490038
#93Neo VejiitaPosted 12/10/2012 6:23:48 PM
When I was 9 years old (1996) my favourite games to play were 2D platformers, RPGs, fighting games, and Mario kart. I was eagerly awaiting the n64 and that Christmas I got it with Mario 64 and that one game lasted me until February when I got my second game, wave race.

Because of that I will have to recommend games like Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing Transformed, and XBLA titles like Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Rayman 3, Trine 2, any of the sonic games 2d or 3d. Also it is a giant money sink but a game like Skylanders is perfect too.

It is too bad that the Xbox 360 doesn't have access to any of the snes era RPGs. Most of the RPGs on 360 are more adult oriented.
---
Pokemon Black
Tokiya FC: 0862 2942 5169
#94flagg2kplusPosted 12/10/2012 6:47:40 PM
Lolipop Chainsaw
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#95shagadelicPosted 12/10/2012 6:55:39 PM
Obtik posted...
Portal / 2?

For a 9 year old?
#96Halo_ForeverPosted 12/10/2012 10:58:39 PM(edited)
Mini-Ninjas
Lego games after her interests (available in the flavours of Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Batman, Lord of the Rings)
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Harry Potters 5 and 6 (7 is a shooter so it is a bit iffy)
Kameo Elements of Power (can be a bit borderline with the suitability)
Kung-Fu Panda (surprisingly decent with much better production values than regular license games)
Beautiful Katamari
Ghostbusters (might be a bit scary)
Rayman Origins
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing 1 & 2 (2 is Transformed)
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise

Regarding the singing Band Hero seems like a good alternative, it can use the X360 headset as a mic and has mostly pop songs rather than rock or metal.

Troll part of post
Afro Samurai
Conan

CTImp posted...
Topics like this always surprise me. As a child my parents never took steps to shield me from most forms of mature content, nor did they with my younger brother. Growing up most of my friends played M rated games and watch R rated movies long before the suggested age too. Yet, on a gaming forum, that I would think would bring in a younger and less strict demographic, the prevailing opinion always seems to be that kids should only experience PG content.

What would I get a 9 year old? Good games. Halo, Mass Effect, Lego games, Nuts & Bolts, or even better the stuff that you enjoy as well.

Girls do seem to be a bit less concerned about appearing cool than little boys do, so there isn't the drive for getting them the violent stuff. Besides do you REALLY want even more kids in the K-18 games than we have now?
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#97blakbird13Posted 12/10/2012 11:09:23 PM
A World of Keflings and the DLC... I think the one with the frosting and cupcake world is free I'm not sure... Kinectimals you need the Kinect for the imals on this one... Cute little lion cubs to play with... Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise... Skylanders... Disney Universe ... Toy Story 3 ... Brave ... That's all I can think of for now....
---
I want a Champions of Norrath HD collection...
#98kemPhReAkPosted 12/10/2012 11:17:41 PM
wow when I was 9 years old the N64 was rollin out after teh SNES and NES. Thats 3 generations of consoles.

She was only 2 when this current gen started T_T
---
Itachi. He wins every fight, any time he's hit is either an illusion or part of his plan to win. He's a walking plot device dressed up as a person. -Eidolon1
#99cdp1705Posted 12/11/2012 12:25:24 AM
anything lego. and the ben 10 games are fun (if she likes the show)
#100ThE MaSTeR 3Posted 12/11/2012 12:30:02 AM
kinect and happy action theater. kids love that ****