This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's everything you want to know about Xbox 720

#11Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 12/10/2012 11:59:03 AM
Don't expect the next Xbox to be called Xbox 3 or Xbox 720. Apple has changed the rules on branding, so when the next generation arrives it'll almost certainly just be 'Xbox'

Everyone I know, even Apple fans, make FUN of this ridiculous idea to drop the number and just call it (product) , it does nothing but add confusion between versions. If they don't want to use numbers (I think the whole "Oh oh, PS3 sounds better than Xbox2" thing is beyond stupid personally) then give it a unique name or something, either as an add-on name like Xbox Metro or whatever or an entirely new name, don't just call it "Xbox". Personally, I wish they would just call it Xbox 3 and be done with it, nobody would be stupid enough to think just because of the number that a PS4 MUST be better, consumers can be pretty dumb (And I work at a retail store) but not THAT dumb, especially the gaming crowd since they are more familiar with tech than others. If anything, this crazy naming scheme will cause more confusion.

One rumour is that the first 'slim' version of the next Xbox will drop the optical drive altogether in favour of a download-only platform scheduled for 2015. The 'slim' Xbox, if it comes to pass, would be scheduled for a post-disc world where broadband speeds and network caps have advanced to the point that a 20-30Gb download would be manageable on even an average home connection.

Oh Oh! We can call it the XboxGO! That worked out SOOOO well for Sony after all! After all, its not like physical media capacities and read speeds don't ALWAYS far outpace even some of the fastest home internet connection right? And I am suuuuure people are going to LOVE having to re-purchase their disk games as downloads like people did with the Go.

I mean, the 3DS's smaller games are perfect downloads for most home connections, and the MASSIVE 5% of people who preferred the download over the cart versions of NSMB2 in Japan of all places which has better internet than the US is a sure sign that the end of physical media is nigh!

People can't wait to pay higher prices to get less, and a "game" they cannot buy used, sell off, trade, rent, or borrow and even has limits on how and where they can use it because Digital Downloads are "the future" and anyone who doesn't blindly jump on the bandwagon without looking back is a "dinosaur"!

</sarcasm>
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#12Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 6:25:39 PM
bump