This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 2012 "Assassination" Game: Dishonored, Hitman, or Assassin's Creed 3?

#1collinmulPosted 12/10/2012 11:13:23 AM
Hi all.

I purchased all three of these games recently during a great holiday sale. Now its time to figure out which to play first!

It seems they have several traits in common: Each title allows some amount of freedom in hunting a target while rewarding stealth when going in for the kill (or not: see Dishonored). So which pulls the feat off best?

* Dishonored features a few supernatural power-ups and health upgrades. It is set in a fictional world influenced by the dawn of the Bristish industrial age crossed with plague concerns of the middle ages. Immersion comes from the player deciding the fate of the game's villains and the player's actions indirectly impacting the lives of its citizens at large.

* Hitman Absolution allows for multiple disguises. Set at roughly the current day, the environments the player moves around in attempt to mimic the real world and its inhabitants. Immersion comes from the numerous realistic ways of dishing out death and then figuring out how to cleanly escape the scene.

* Assassin's Creed III grants the player a mix of supernatural powers (eagle vision) and time-period appropriate weaponry. Set primarily during the American Revolutionary War, the player becomes an active participant in an important time in history. Immersion comes from its open world go-anywhere-do-anything sandbox playstyle and its many small touches in recreating northeast America of over 225 years ago.

* So which game world is the most immersive?
* Which title affords the most flexibility?
* Most has the satisfying gameplay?
* Which is the best title overall?

Thanks for your input!
#2Black_KomaPosted 12/10/2012 11:28:53 AM
*cries for poll*
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 12/10/2012 11:30:22 AM
I think AC3 is a better game than Dishonored, but I think Dishonored had more to offer.

Does that make sense?

That said, I'd give the edge to AC3.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#4DoukouPosted 12/10/2012 11:35:56 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
I think AC3 is a better game than Dishonored, but I think Dishonored had more to offer.

Does that make sense?

That said, I'd give the edge to AC3.

No
It would make more sense the other way
Dishonored was the better game and Assassin's Creed 3 had more to offer.
---
Don't read this sig.
#5ill-thoughtsPosted 12/10/2012 11:41:36 AM
AC3 is slow as HELL and holds your hand for the first 2 hours....and its basically Red Dead Redemption with Indians....play that last....or next week even....its really not as good as you think.

play Hitman Absolution first....it gets you directly into the action as soon as you start the game....play for an hour until you get to the 5th level (strip club)....and then....

...play some Dishonored. of the 3 games, its the one that will engage you the most....and is ironicly a decent combination of AC3 and Hitman....go figure.
---
mighty are they in the forbidden knowledge.
#6Killah PriestPosted 12/10/2012 11:42:38 AM
AC3
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7BansDontWorkPosted 12/10/2012 11:43:00 AM
Mark of the Ninja
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#8all_that_juicePosted 12/10/2012 11:44:46 AM
Black_Koma posted...
*cries for poll*

---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#9LapanuiPosted 12/10/2012 11:57:13 AM
For me, it has to be Dishonored. I've played all three this year. Hitman I just couldn't get into, I finished it, but it's not a game I would recommend to anyone to be honest. It just didn't hook me. I enjoyed AC3 story and everything it added from previous games like the Homestead. The weapons were also great in AC3.

I was expecting AC3 to be my favorite this year and it was the one I was looking most forward to and I did enjoy playing it a lot, but Dishonored was probably my favorite game out of the bunch. I liked having the option to do what I wanted to do and it actually affecting the ending to the game. I played it twice whereas the other two I won't play through them twice, well AC3 I will get 100% on all levels, but most of them I already did and I won't be replaying it from start to finish.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#10SunDevil77Posted 12/10/2012 12:07:55 PM
Killah Priest posted...
AC3

---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.