This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I have to be signed in to Xbox live to play my Xbox originals?

#1Ratt_PoisonPosted 12/10/2012 2:35:09 PM
Took my 360 to my dads house, and downloaded the update, it ran fine over there, and when I brought it home it said it can't launch the game
---
Here's a message I'm so glad I was given: When you fall you gotta jump back on, I'm a fighter, I'm a winner, I'm a macdaddy.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 12/10/2012 3:17:58 PM
Which game?

It might not be compatible.
#3Ratt_Poison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:18:38 PM
Gta San Andreas, I downloaded it from the marketplace
---
Here's a message I'm so glad I was given: When you fall you gotta jump back on, I'm a fighter, I'm a winner, I'm a macdaddy.
#4TrugamerPosted 12/10/2012 3:24:44 PM
Only if you have switched consoles usually happens via repair.
If the Xbox console serial # linked to your account has changed then you need to do a license transfer to use your DLC offline.
#5Ratt_Poison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 11:04:18 PM
How do I do a license transfer?
---
#6TheBlueStigPosted 12/10/2012 11:22:45 PM
Do you have an official HDD installed?

You can't play XBox originals without that HDD because it has the emulator on a hidden partition.

As far as the license transfer, Google it.
#7Ratt_Poison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:34:56 AM
Yes I do have an official one
---
#8VeliconisPosted 12/11/2012 10:38:09 AM
Yes I do have an official one

For license transfers, while connected to Live: Settings > Account > License Transfer

It takes 1-2 seconds to transfer them once you start it.

Take note, however. Your console will tell you that you need to download all of your DLC, Arcade games, etc. in order to access them while offline. I've never done this before and I'm able to play them offline just fine. But you can do whichever one you want.

Luckily, when downloading something again that's already on your HDD, it takes a whole two seconds to download it again as it's apparently just downloading the license again.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.