This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox not loading dashboard

#1theicon89Posted 12/10/2012 5:40:53 PM
I have noticed in the last few days that my 360 will sometimes just stay at the white startup screen. It's not frozen b/c I can see the 360 logo moving a little bit. I am hoping it's a live issue and not a hardware issue. Anyone else experience anything like this recently?
#2crzylegsPosted 12/10/2012 6:02:21 PM
I have been experiencing this as well. I've found that if you press the guide button and select to log into Xbox Live, it somehow magically gets the console to wake up and sign in. It just started a few days ago, but it's really annoying.
---
"Well... they tell you never to hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
#3Super CreaturesPosted 12/10/2012 6:12:56 PM
This has been an issue since the new dash was released during the week of Oct. 16th-23rd, and even a week earlier than that for those of us that were in the beta.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4somebody336Posted 12/10/2012 6:16:11 PM
Same here :/
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
#5CapnStankyPosted 12/10/2012 6:36:29 PM
It's an XBL connection symptom.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#6Hillbilly_SmurfPosted 12/10/2012 6:54:58 PM
*misses original dashboard*
---
Dear Rockstar: Please make a new "The Warriors". Thanks, peace.
#7LordSeiferPosted 12/10/2012 7:07:09 PM
when i turn on mine i now see all the little avatar guys, i select mine, it logs in, tells me I have friends online, i can hit the guide button and get the mini menu thing

but the dashboard never loads, i just get a circle going around and around

any suggestions?
---
^ this
#8Mellerker38Posted 12/10/2012 7:17:20 PM
Dashboard never load more then one hour for me and best to avoid playing xbox live.
#9Super CreaturesPosted 12/10/2012 8:10:44 PM
LordSeifer posted...
when i turn on mine i now see all the little avatar guys, i select mine, it logs in, tells me I have friends online, i can hit the guide button and get the mini menu thing

but the dashboard never loads, i just get a circle going around and around

any suggestions?

Not really, it is a random occurrence that, as I said, has been happening since the new dash was released.

There is jack **** you can do about it except deal with it until MS (hopefully) fixes it.

I am somewhat disappointed with them that they released that update a few weeks ago that fixed minor Smart Glass and Xbox Music/Video problems, that not everybody is encountering, but didn't bother to address a more major issue that almost everybody is encounter.

And almost livid that this was brought up during the beta, and they still went ahead and released the new dash to meet their "before Windows 8" deadline, instead of fixing the many, many problems those of us that were in the beta reported, and still haven't addressed those issues, even though they have released an update to fix minor app problems.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10OmegaPillowPosted 12/10/2012 8:54:20 PM
Though I was the only one
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163