This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Interested in Blue Dragon

#31jimm120Posted 12/12/2012 8:51:53 PM
It was an ok game.

I, personally, liked the Battle customization (as in building up your character) portion of the game. That was the best part. the songs for battles are lol.
---
Worthy Indie: Trino - Shoot 1UP - Weapon of Choice - Your Doodles Are Bugged - Breath Of Death
Queued: You Will Die - Veks & Silence - Kaleidoscope - Olu
#32dan77733Posted 12/12/2012 9:28:21 PM
I liked it but stopped playing as I didnt like that each character has that dragon character with them. Dont know why you cant just fight with the actual characters anymore. Always little critters and whatnot around. UGH. Hated the music during fights. After several times, I had enough of it.
#33myoldnamePosted 12/12/2012 9:34:28 PM
It's okay, it got repetitive really quickly though.
#34Gogo726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:35:33 PM
Game arrived today. I got home from the Hobbit (where I got 2 Streetpasses! Woot!) and the game was waiting for me in my mailbox. Since it's an older game, is it still a good idea to install it?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#35MertensCWPosted 12/14/2012 3:47:53 PM
dan77733 posted...
I liked it but stopped playing as I didnt like that each character has that dragon character with them. Dont know why you cant just fight with the actual characters anymore. Always little critters and whatnot around. UGH. Hated the music during fights. After several times, I had enough of it.

A Jrpg with bad music?
That alone makes it bad, Jrpgs are synonymous with great soundtracks.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#36JukainPosted 12/14/2012 8:10:52 PM
It's always a good idea to install it; I can't remember for sure if Blue Dragon had bad load times without installs but for sure Lost Odyssey did, I'd install it to be sure. But then again, I install every game prior to playing, sooo... yeah.

@topic, it's a great old school JRPG, if that's what you're looking for. And the boss music is the most awesome thing I've experienced this entire gen.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#37Gogo726(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 10:36:59 PM
Made it to the start of disc 2 over the weekend. Not a bad game. Encounters are a bit easy, bosses still can challenge me if I'm not careful.

I just completed a minigame where you have to create rings. I found it funny that one of the gemstones was a princess garnet.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games