This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 10 games of the generation. All consoles.

#81LordcrabfoodPosted 12/12/2012 1:34:35 AM
In no order

Bioshock
Nier
Deadly Premonition
Condemned series
Far Cry 3
Fallout 3
Tales of Vesperia
Dark Souls
Alan Wake
X-Com
#82NinjuggalotusPosted 12/12/2012 2:29:03 AM
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
Portal
Left 4 Dead 2
Rock Band 2
Gears of War
The Walking Dead
Dead Rising
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Fallout 3
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#83NewavePosted 12/12/2012 2:52:45 AM
top ten (in no particular order):
Sonic The Hedgehog (Xbox 360) to date the only game where you can Play Rouge The Bat in HD. Hopefully Sonic's 25th annoversary may give us another game where Rouge, Shadow, Blaze and even Wave can be playable outside of racing or other gimmicky styles of gameplay, a Sonic Adventure 3 perhaps?
Dark Void (Xbox 360) a more free shooter I have yet to find, fly, climb and blast away robots in nicely details huge vast environments.
Bullet Witch (Xbox 360) Bayonetta needs to realize who the Queen Bee Witch is around here.
Rumble Roses XX (Xbox 360) it may lack the story mode that made the first game so great, but it makes up for it with custom character creation.
BlackSite (Xbox 360) a modern day sci-fi shooter I actually like.
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts (Xbox 360) bulding and using vehicles in games has never been as intuitive and fun.
Conan (Xbox 360) it did what many similar games tried to do but it did it good rather than generic, boring and uninteresting.
Front Mission Evolved (Xbox 360) the Armored Core of this generation, to had the real Armored Core games were huge disappointments, especially V.
Ninja Blade (Xbox 360) the only game I've ever played where QTEs didn't ruin it for me.
MindJack (Xbox 360) it's almost like a Stealth Action of this generation, except instead of having a stealth suit that mimics the look of people you just jack into their minds and control them directly, plus much more.

Sadly none of the multiplatform games were better on PS3 and PS3s exclusives just didn't do it enough for me to end up on the top ten list.
Wii U hasn't had any good games at all yet, ports or exclusives, and based on the previous generations spanning all the way back from Nintendo 64 to Wii I doubt it'll ever get any.
I also don't count HD versions of older generation games, downloadable-only games or region locked japan/usa exclusives.

worthy mentions:
Earth Defence Force 2017 (Xbox 360) sadly didn't make it on the list due to the fact that it was only half the game Global Defense Force was on PS2, if it would've been like the newer version for Vita it would've been on the list and pushed something else down to being a worthy mention, but as it is it just isn't enough I'm afraid.
Gundam Crossfire (PS3) the best Gundam since Gundam Side Story on Dreamcast, sadly the lack of a cockpit view and the competition to get on the top ten list being so tough, Crossfire ends up as a worthy mention.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#84videogameking33Posted 12/12/2012 3:00:57 AM
No particular order:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Driver 2
Burnout 3: Takedown
Sonic The Hedgehog
Jak & Daxter
Silent Hill 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Klonoa 2
---
Currently Playiing: Assassin's Creed III (360), Sly 3 (PS3), LoZ: SS (Wii)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#85jorgestevensonPosted 12/12/2012 6:05:54 AM
My top 10, in order:

1. Deus Ex HR
2. Mass Effect
3. Halo Wars
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Batman: AA
6. Bioshock
7. Assassins Creed 2
8. Lost Odyssey
9. Oblivion
10. Halo Reach

Based on a quick glance at the lists, IMO RDR is severely overrated while Halo Wars and Assassins Creed 2 seem to be underrated. RDR was a pretty garbage game once you get past the amazing presentation - shooting was clunky, most missions were boring, epilogue was mostly a tutorial on a game you already played, etc.
#86dkgamerPosted 12/12/2012 6:23:21 AM
Deadly Premonition
Skyrim
Bioshock
Tales of Vesperia
The Witcher 2
Catherine
Infinite Undiscovery
Uncharted
Metro 2033
Monster Hunter Tri

I am probably forgetting some, but these are In no particular order. Except Deadly Premonition :P
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#87knightimexPosted 12/12/2012 6:26:45 AM
Not in order.

NES - Castlevania 3
SNES - Final Fantasy 6
Genesis - Shinobi 3
N64 - Legend of Zelda OoT
Playstation - Resident Evil 2
Playstation 2 - GTA Vice City
Xbox - Halo 2
Gamecube - Resident evil 4
Playstation 3 - God of War 3
Xbox 360 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
---
Old School Games FTW!
#88TurbanSurprisePosted 12/12/2012 6:33:54 AM
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Rising
Resident Evil 5
Red Dead Redemption
Grand theft Auto 4
Deus Ex

That's in no particular order. Honorable mentions go to bioshock, left 4 dead 2 and Dead space 2.
---
Not changing sig until chewbacca wins WWE title started 6/12/07
#89King_AkeelaPosted 12/12/2012 7:00:17 AM
In no specific order:

Fallout 3
Red dead redemption
Monster hunter 3
Vanquish
Supermario Galaxy 1+2
ALL DS Castlevanias
Borderlands 1+2
Dark souls
All the 360 shmups
Demons souls

Sorry i lumped some games together, i just couldn't choose one over another.
---
Gamertag:Kreator82
#90Enix BelmontPosted 12/12/2012 7:19:32 AM
Mass Effect 2
Bayonetta
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Devil May Cry 4
Rayman Origins
Dead Rising
Smash Bros Brawl
Resident Evil 5

Honorable mention to Dead Space 2...Was going to put it over RE5 but I thought about it and I've played RE5 10x as much. Also runner ups: Deadly Premonition, Alan Wake, Halo 3, Bioshock, Dragon Age: Origins, Super Meat Boy....
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg