This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warning.. Do not buy disc version of Walking Dead.

#41crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:04:53 PM
Got a hard drive. and it fixed the stuttering and low frames during the quicktime events. So I was wrong, in the sense that a harddrive WILL fix the issues. If you have no Hard drive, then just know the game is almost unplayable without one. If you have one then you should be fine.
#42EGMRULZPosted 12/13/2012 1:25:42 PM
crazybot posted...
I really don't think my lack of hard drive is the problem...but I bought the disc version and it's a stuttering mess, especially during quicktime action sequences. making it close to unplayable. Went to the official forums and others were complaining of this also. I'll never buy a telltale game again. GOTY award was an absolute joke. You've been warned.

Did you install it to your drive? If you run directly from the disc of course it will be choppy.
#43ffgamemanPosted 12/13/2012 1:27:10 PM
From Christmas through the 31st the first episode of the Walking Dead will be free to download on XBL. Thus, paying for four episodes at $5 > one disc for $30 (assuming you have the hard drive space).
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#44RetroFanGirlPosted 12/13/2012 1:29:04 PM
I'll just not buy the Walking Dead.
---
Hi.
#45SheepinatorPosted 12/13/2012 1:57:29 PM
What if you want to run the digital game from a USB stick on a 360 with no HDD, how is the performance then? Serious question, I own two 360's, one with HDD one without, and it would be good to know if it can be used on both systems effectively.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#46Enix BelmontPosted 12/14/2012 5:50:59 AM
DarthJasonG posted...
Enix Belmont posted...
No one buy the disc version, first episode is free on christmas and the individual episodes are on sale. Even if its only a dollar off each one, thats still 16 bucks for all of them vs. 30.

That said the second it's on sale I'm buying the disc version.

How do you know that it will be on sale? I Can't seem to find what the XBLA Christmas sales will be this year.

Its listed. Theres actually part of the marketplace on xbox.com that shows it.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#47CyricsServantPosted 12/14/2012 6:09:49 AM(edited)
DarthJasonG posted...
Enix Belmont posted...
No one buy the disc version, first episode is free on christmas and the individual episodes are on sale. Even if its only a dollar off each one, thats still 16 bucks for all of them vs. 30.

That said the second it's on sale I'm buying the disc version.

How do you know that it will be on sale? I Can't seem to find what the XBLA Christmas sales will be this year.

Because it's a disc based game.

I bought the Triple pack (Limbo $10, Trials $10, Splosion Man $10) about a month after it came out for $10.

I bought the Journey Collection (Journey $15, Flower $15, Flow $5-10, 1 Month of Playstation Plus) during Black Friday for $15.

The thing about disc based games is publishers and developers (besides Nintendo) can't keep the price of their game artificially high. The only question is "when," not "if."