This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls....is....amazing. But it DEF needs an easy mode.

#11DieMyBridePosted 12/13/2012 5:52:47 AM
I really think if the fist game had or even Dark Souls 2 got an easy mode let's say, people shouldn't get so upset about it. Just play it on the difficulty you're used to for a Dark Souls experience and not step on the toes of people who want to play the game with more accessibility.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#12vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 5:58:17 AM
No the devs do not need to spend the time balancing the game for casuals. Keep the difficulty where it is, devs need to stop catering to touch screen casuals
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#13CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 6:06:00 AM
Shield up. Go slow. Roll roll roll. ~ Or just be good and finish it in an hour. ~ Oh and those "touch screen casuals" are a great reason why the industry is still going strong.
#14vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 6:10:14 AM(edited)
Quote:Shield up. Go slow. Roll roll roll. ~ Or just be good and finish it in an hour. ~ Oh and those "touch screen casuals" are a great reason why the industry is still going strong.
@CammyApple
Doesnt mean devs are not ruining games for non casuals by catering to the casuals too much

---
#15CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 6:14:11 AM
I'm a "casual" gamer. I play touch screen games. I imported Demon's Souls. If not for people like me it wouldn't have been localized nor a "sequel" made. If they don't "cater" to me then who should they cater to?
#16DieMyBridePosted 12/13/2012 6:17:02 AM(edited)
vashtricham posted...
No the devs do not need to spend the time balancing the game for casuals. Keep the difficulty where it is, devs need to stop catering to touch screen casuals

No just...no. There are reasons games have a difficulty choice.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#17HajimeNoIppoPosted 12/13/2012 6:20:59 AM
I do cheat, I own them with resin or tactics.
#18vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 6:23:37 AM
Quote:vashtricham posted...

No just...no. There are reasons games have a difficulty choice.

@DieMyBride
Just because there are difficulty choices does not mean the difficulty is balanced correctly for all difficulties. Usually they are not and I do not want DS devs spending the time balancing the difficulty their game has done fine without a easy mode
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#19vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 6:25:12 AM
Quote:I'm a "casual" gamer. I play touch screen games. I imported Demon's Souls. If not for people like me it wouldn't have been localized nor a "sequel" made. If they don't "cater" to me then who should they cater to?
@CammyApple
I imported Demon souls and bought it once it came to my region if not for people like me It wouldnt have been localized nor a sequel made
---
#20CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 6:28:17 AM
And?