This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls....is....amazing. But it DEF needs an easy mode.

#31MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/13/2012 8:42:40 AM
Demon's and Dark Souls are hard the same way that R-Type is difficult. They start out that way because everything is unknown. Once you memorize enemy locations and traps, it gets much easier to run through without dying.

The only hard part about either game is dealing with invaders, because you never know what they might bring to the table. Then again, this can be avoided by staying in dead form.

The Souls series most definitely does not need an easy mode. Dark Souls was already so manageable that I played through the game entirely with a base level knight and I still rolled over everything.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#32GGearXPosted 12/13/2012 8:46:04 AM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
Demon's and Dark Souls are hard the same way that R-Type is difficult.

I love Dsouls but played through Rtype and died around 50 times. I hate that game.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#33Eagles931Posted 12/13/2012 9:01:57 AM
If dark souls had an easy mode, then it wouldn't be dark souls. That's the first game I ever rage quit over. That game was the most rewarding game I've played
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#34MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/13/2012 9:11:02 AM
GGearX posted...

I love Dsouls but played through Rtype and died around 50 times. I hate that game.

Heh, I can sympathize. I always draw this comparison because back in summer 2008, I did nothing but play the R-Type series, starting with Final and Delta. I was so versed in R-Type Delta that by the end of the year after playing it for a solid month and a half, I could get through the game on Normal in one life no matter which ship I was using, just because I'd memorized all of the enemy locations and how to position myself. I can do the same thing with R-Type Final.

Demon's and Dark Souls have given me exactly the same feeling, and are the only modern style games in recent memory to do so. For that, I love the both of them.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#35KyonshiPosted 12/13/2012 9:30:58 AM
What's so hard to understand here? Why there's an urgent need to debate this, all of a sudden?

The Souls series is made to be played intelligently - be cautious, be alert, learn how to fight, don't process impulsively. This is nothing like going full-frontal, gunning down everything in our sight and finish the game in 10 hours.

There is the secret, winning recipe of this series. They dont take you by the hand but PUSH you to play with the most important thing; your brains. I finished Demon's Souls without cheating and its still one of the most memorable gaming experience. The game isnt made to be unbeatable, despite the atrocious difficulty it bears most of the time. It IS possible to beat it if you involve yourself in the process. When you take the time to understand the standard FROM SOFTWARE wanted to establish, you can master the game.

This series success is based on the challenging difficulty it got and on the GRATIFYING FEELING you have when you succeed beating a level or a boss. Put Easy in this and you lose this. Yes, you do, stop trying to justify the opposite. On any other game, we wouldnt debate.
#36originalname00Posted 12/13/2012 9:33:27 AM
I can understand someone wanting an easy mode, but it does not work with this game. Part of the experience is the difficulty (which is not as difficult once you familiar with spawns, etc.).

Easy mode would also not work well without ruining pvp and co-op in this game.
---
I'm writing this so it won't be blank.
#37DamiacPosted 12/13/2012 9:37:19 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I needed cheats to beat resident evil 4.

Wooooooow....any gaming credentials you might have had have just bee obliterated with that one statement.

Any not an idiot credentials are destroyed when you think "gaming credentials" matter. Games are for having fun. Not for proving something.

The game should be balanced for normal mode, obviously. Then, add an easy mode using new game+ in reverse. So easy mode is new game -. When you beat new game -, you can graduate to normal mode.

That takes all of 2 seconds to program.

I play all my games on hard mode, but that's because the challenge is fun for me. You play how you want, I'll play how I want.
---
The internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI!
#38y000012500Posted 12/13/2012 9:42:53 AM
I remember using the money duping trick in Dragon Age 1 and thinking a similar thought. "Holy crap, I keep running out of money and I'm duping hundreds of sovereign! How would normal players even buy these weapons and armor?!"
#39vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 9:52:37 AM
Quote:Dragon Nexus posted...
I needed cheats to beat resident evil 4.

Wooooooow....any gaming credentials you might have had have just bee obliterated with that one statement.

Any not an idiot credentials are destroyed when you think "gaming credentials" matter. Games are for having fun. Not for proving something.

The game should be balanced for normal mode, obviously. Then, add an easy mode using new game+ in reverse. So easy mode is new game -. When you beat new game -, you can graduate to normal mode.

That takes all of 2 seconds to program.

I play all my games on hard mode, but that's because the challenge is fun for me. You play how you want, I'll play how I want.

@Damiac
And your idiot credentials where just validated for thinking something like what you suggested takes only 2 seconds of programing. Adding that would take months of development and take away from the main game.
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#40DragoonAngerPosted 12/13/2012 9:53:39 AM
lol at elitism over a hobby

"Hardcore" gamers are the equivalent of sports fans who look down on people that root for a team without knowing being able to name every player.
---
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/863/kenshiroqs6.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/extremejon/1206682497641.png