This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls....is....amazing. But it DEF needs an easy mode.

#41L0ZPosted 12/13/2012 9:55:40 AM
nickoman33 posted...
I still have this sitting on my desk. I beat the first boss but stopped there. From what I've played of it, it's one of the few games this gen that doesn't hold your hand.

Will play through it soon.

lol speaking of holding your hand wth has bethesda done to thier RPGs? i remember morrowind would have quests that tell you to go somewhere but there were no quest markers to show you where on the map you had to figure it out yourself.
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#42ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:02:41 AM
Vivi0198 posted...
Cheats AKA Trainers

I needed cheats to beat resident evil 4.

After I knew what was going on the game got easier and massively more fun to play even without cheats.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would someone need to cheat to beat an already incredibly easy game?

Incredibly easy? How many hour have you poured into Dark SOuls?
#43shawnmckPosted 12/13/2012 10:08:45 AM
nickoman33 posted...
Yeah, I think. The Asylum Demon or something like that. First time I fought him I got him down to like 50% health then got gibbed. Second time about 25%, and the third time or so I got him.

Pretty fun fight too.

Are you fighting him as soon as he crashes through the ceiling ?

A better way is to run to the doorway on the left and make your way around until you get to the archway that is blocked by fog...entering that puts you directly above him, and wen you run off make sure you press the right bumper to attack and you will do a move that takes half of its health away.
Then you just need to finish him off.

All the bosses are a little similar, which is that they are extremely difficult until you figure out ways to give you an advantage. Sometimes its using objects in the environment that serve as a barrier, and sometimes its finding a ledge to do a leap attack, or any number of things.
#44ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:13:27 AM
L0Z posted...
nickoman33 posted...
I still have this sitting on my desk. I beat the first boss but stopped there. From what I've played of it, it's one of the few games this gen that doesn't hold your hand.

Will play through it soon.

lol speaking of holding your hand wth has bethesda done to thier RPGs? i remember morrowind would have quests that tell you to go somewhere but there were no quest markers to show you where on the map you had to figure it out yourself.

That ...is annoying. There is a balance that needs to be had. Bethesda does that right. There isn't an ARROW IN YOUR FACE , or a trail of breadcrumbs(which keeps you focused on that instead of everyhting else).
I think Skyrim has a nice balance.
Anyways you can turn off the compass dude. You coudl turn off the bread crumbs in Fable 3 also. BUt you'd get lost pretty easily.
#45TheBlueStigPosted 12/13/2012 10:17:57 AM
No, games don't NEED easy modes, gamers need to pick their skills up or find something else to play.

Many gamers are sick and tired of buying games at full price only to beat the game in extremely short periods of time because the game was made too easy just to cater to skill-less casuals.
#46helldewPosted 12/13/2012 10:20:59 AM
Dark souls isnt hard its just one of those games you crawl throuugh at a snails pace and dont be an idiot and run into stuff. most of the enemies are just memorize pattren/gimicky stratagy and kill them while some of them kill you way to fast while others are flat out pitiful. i think the hardest thing for me was knowing where the heck i should go half the time in an area. i would head towards something find some new enemy half the time he would murder me on the spot upon fighting him the other times he supposed to be what im fighting thus he sucks and dies >.<. To much of the games design is designed around traps and surprise gimmicks for my liking to like you step on a hidden switch and something happens trigger wise usually resulting in your death.

Im used to playing stuff like megaman a lot but one thing megaman does that darksouls doesnt is megamans level design is top notch. before they toss a gimick at you they teach you the gimick then kill you with it that way when you fail you just suck :/ and thus it motivates you to not suck lol.

Like wise with Ys they give you retrys but the games enemies hit hard bosses have crazy hard patterns that are a total blast to learn. a lot of the times even after learning the boss it doesnt mean hes easy. Then again most people dont like dying 50 times to a boss lol. but luckily it has difficulty settings that actually change a lot of stuff (enemy behaivor bosses get new pattrens things that werent threats now are approching dungeons requires an entirely different approch) IE the final dungeon in Oath on inferno your way better off running into the dungeon and raiding for the weapons lol.

Darksouls punishes you with random crap you will have no expected or have seen. I like knowing my challenge not my challenge being landmines on the field. its not a bad game either its just really not for me.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#47Great_Pudding_3Posted 12/13/2012 10:21:07 AM
Delete your Dark Souls data and start a new character. Fight your way to the Dragon God Dude and use the exploit to give your character a trillion souls. Then patch and play.

You won't be invincible in NG+ and stuff but the rest of that playthrough will be easy mode.
---
Stu, what are you doing?
#48CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 10:22:42 AM
1- If they added an easy mode it wouldn't mean that you would have to play on it. 2- As I have said for ages the Souls games are not difficult. 3- Im not saying they should add an easy mode. I'm saying people need to stop trying to blame other gamers for things. ~ The real problem is that people dont want others to be able to beat the game. They want as few people as possible to say that they did.
#49vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 10:25:50 AM
Quote:1- If they added an easy mode it wouldn't mean that you would have to play on it. 2- As I have said for ages the Souls games are not difficult. 3- Im not saying they should add an easy mode. I'm saying people need to stop trying to blame other gamers for things. ~ The real problem is that people dont want others to be able to beat the game. They want as few people as possible to say that they did.
@CammyApple
We do not have to play it but it still pulls focus from the development of the main game and that would effect the main game. We do not need the quality of the game to suffer because whiny casuals want an easy mode
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#50XangiPosted 12/13/2012 10:25:57 AM
I cannot believe what I am reading. Did you actually try to kill the goddam asylum demon with the hilt? You need to just stop, right now. Restart the game and do not cheat. This game is not difficult, death is a mechanic which informs you, that is why you can recover nearly everything lost to death. If you can't beat this game at level 700 and something, you are clearly playing it completely wrong and need to actually learn HOW to play before attempting it.

An analogy to what you're doing would be taking massive amounts of steroids to try to be better at golf. No matter how buff you are, it's not gonna help you swing any better.
---
While you were reading this signature, 10 people died. Nice going.