This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls....is....amazing. But it DEF needs an easy mode.

#71NicodaemosPosted 12/13/2012 12:03:58 PM
"Learn patterns, move correctly, do not die" is how all hard games were beat. It doesn't make it overrated.

It is overrated. Pick up a 100% physical damage resisting shield or some spells, and you barely even need to know how to move correctly. They can literally carry you through 90% of NG. The game is unforgiving when you make mistakes, but it isn't half as hard as people think it is.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#72Bottler0cketPosted 12/13/2012 12:15:43 PM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:If they added an easy mode you wouldnt have to play on easy. Why does this escape people?
@CammyApple
But time and resources will be pulled away from the main game inorder to incorporate this. We have catered to casuals enough already leave this game alone it is fine how it is. If you do not like it go play something more on your level

---

Yeah.... coz all the other games out there really suffered in quality due to their easy mode.

I find your lack of faith astonishing seeing as how you enjoyed the game. Do you really think the game developers, who put together this fine game, are so inept that the standard of their final product would drop because they were spending so much time creating an easy mode? Sure, it might take them a month to do, but it would never effect the overall quality of the game. They love the game too much to allow that.

Stick with the online play argument, it's a lot stronger.

My personal thought is that if the addition of an easy mode would lead to a significant increase in popularity and therefore revenue, then that can only be a good thing. Just, think about it, it would mean that they would be able to really splash out on their next game... really spend time and resources. Hell, they'd have so much time and money why not add 2 easy modes.
#73vashtrichamPosted 12/13/2012 12:38:12 PM(edited)
Quote:vashtricham posted...
Quote:If they added an easy mode you wouldnt have to play on easy. Why does this escape people?
@CammyApple
But time and resources will be pulled away from the main game inorder to incorporate this. We have catered to casuals enough already leave this game alone it is fine how it is. If you do not like it go play something more on your level

---

Yeah.... coz all the other games out there really suffered in quality due to their easy mode.

I find your lack of faith astonishing seeing as how you enjoyed the game. Do you really think the game developers, who put together this fine game, are so inept that the standard of their final product would drop because they were spending so much time creating an easy mode? Sure, it might take them a month to do, but it would never effect the overall quality of the game. They love the game too much to allow that.

Stick with the online play argument, it's a lot stronger.

My personal thought is that if the addition of an easy mode would lead to a significant increase in popularity and therefore revenue, then that can only be a good thing. Just, think about it, it would mean that they would be able to really splash out on their next game... really spend time and resources. Hell, they'd have so much time and money why not add 2 easy modes.

@Bottler0cket
Yes I do alot of games or series have been hurt due to the fact of trying to make the game more accessible to everyone (easy inputs/combos in fighting games). Any time spent on it is too much to spent

---
#74ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:41:03 PM
PinkestFloyd07 posted...
Dark souls difficulty is part of the game, it teaches you to play right, you have to take it slow and strategic, if they took out the difficulty then a huge part of the gameplay is missing, even if they made an easy mode, it would take away from the gameplay, they would be idiots to do this.

Dark Souls is a fairly easy game IMO, i can run through it in about 2 hours, no troubles(except anor londos damn archers) its not a hard game its more so a challenging game, it pushes you to over come the challenge, without that the world looses a lot of survival and tense moments.

No no. How many HOURs have you poured into the game altogether?
#75Pinoy441Posted 12/13/2012 12:41:24 PM
Its funny that people consider DkS the "HARDCORE ZOMG CASUALS STAY AWAY" game when in really it's still pretty casual itself....

Considering all you have to do is just parry and strike every regular enemy and every boss has a specific strategy that if you get down (which doesn't take very long) can let you breeze through the game even on NG+ like no problem
---
*grabs popcorn*
#76ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:45:02 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Its funny that people consider DkS the "HARDCORE ZOMG CASUALS STAY AWAY" game when in really it's still pretty casual itself....

Considering all you have to do is just parry and strike every regular enemy and every boss has a specific strategy that if you get down (which doesn't take very long) can let you breeze through the game even on NG+ like no problem

But how many hours did you pour into this game?
So I bet any of you who say it's easy poured a good hundred hours. And for what?
#77Bottler0cketPosted 12/13/2012 12:45:06 PM
@Bottler0cket
Yes I do alot of games or series have been hurt due to the fact of trying to make the game more accessible to everyone (easy inputs/combos in fighting games).

Sure a game can be made worse by making it more accessible, I'm not doubting that. As your example (easy inputs/combos) proves, when devs change the fundamental game mechanics to make the game more accessible then they can in deed make the game worse.

But that is not what you were arguing. We are talking about the addition of an easy mode. Not changes in the game mechanics, A game on normal difficulty would remain unchanged.
#78knightimexPosted 12/13/2012 12:51:31 PM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
I needed cheats to beat resident evil 4.

Wooooooow....any gaming credentials you might have had have just bee obliterated with that one statement.

First of all real life issues are far more important than anything video game.
I'm talking abut when the game first came out on gamecube.
I didn't have time to be good and I wanted to rush quickly.
(Kids were VERY young at the time)

Dragon Nexus when you get real life responsibilities on of these days you'll know what I mean.

Played re4 on 360 with out cheating with no problems.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#79TrugamerPosted 12/13/2012 12:58:58 PM
The bottom line is that the game could greatly increase it's user base and sales if it allowed less skilled gamer's to work their way up and get used to the game on a less difficult game setting.
There is no way even those who enjoy the game cannot see this.
The game is brutal there is no way around it.
#80ziraki33Posted 12/13/2012 1:08:28 PM
ntsouls posted...
If you havent played this game. It's...bloody amazing. It's like Zelda meets Ico's atmosphere. Everything looks amazing. And you just keep going and going and discovering new stuff. It's like...what Diablo 3 wouldve been if Blizzard tried something inventive.
I cheat(like hardcore cheating..maxxed stats nearly infinite health(but no infinite), infinite stamina....and that's about it...plus like a hundred sacrifice rings and healing bottles,
But even though I cheat. I get killed . I couldn't imagine playing the game normally.

If you havent played this. You need to learn how to cheat and play it.

Maybe you're just bad? This game is terribly easy for me now that I've played it. Not saying make it harder just saying that making it easier would ruin the game and make it no fun.

It would completely kill the satisfaction of finally overcoming a boss.

Your argument is invalid.