This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls....is....amazing. But it DEF needs an easy mode.

#81YamaguxhiPosted 12/13/2012 1:25:12 PM
builder111 posted...
good lord are you joking. i hope they don't ruin DS2 with an easy mode. if it's too hard for you move on and play something else.

---
No more Tom foolerey
#82chrishu311Posted 12/13/2012 1:25:59 PM
The whole point of the game is improving as a player, learning to master your fear of death, and becoming a better fighter through your failures. The atmosphere is wonderful because its a reward for progressing. TC cheated himself out of a great experience.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#83LennyGcPosted 12/13/2012 1:38:04 PM(edited)
PinkestFloyd07 posted...
Dark souls difficulty is part of the game, it teaches you to play right, you have to take it slow and strategic, if they took out the difficulty then a huge part of the gameplay is missing, even if they made an easy mode, it would take away from the gameplay, they would be idiots to do this.

Dark Souls is a fairly easy game IMO, i can run through it in about 2 hours, no troubles(except anor londos damn archers) its not a hard game its more so a challenging game, it pushes you to over come the challenge, without that the world looses a lot of survival and tense moments.

No no. How many HOURs have you poured into the game altogether?

Myself, around 120 hours or so, and I concur with PinkestFloyd07. Dark Souls is a fairly easy game if you have what most games this days don't require: PATIENCE.

If you have that, Dark Souls is extremely enjoyable, well balanced, and "easy" once you get a good feel of it. Sure you'll die when exploring and getting the hang of it, but that's the point.
---
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 22
Games I'm playing: Sleeping Dogs.
#84ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:32:20 PM
LennyGc posted...
PinkestFloyd07 posted...
Dark souls difficulty is part of the game, it teaches you to play right, you have to take it slow and strategic, if they took out the difficulty then a huge part of the gameplay is missing, even if they made an easy mode, it would take away from the gameplay, they would be idiots to do this.

Dark Souls is a fairly easy game IMO, i can run through it in about 2 hours, no troubles(except anor londos damn archers) its not a hard game its more so a challenging game, it pushes you to over come the challenge, without that the world looses a lot of survival and tense moments.

No no. How many HOURs have you poured into the game altogether?

Myself, around 120 hours or so, and I concur with PinkestFloyd07. Dark Souls is a fairly easy game if you have what most games this days don't require: PATIENCE.

If you have that, Dark Souls is extremely enjoyable, well balanced, and "easy" once you get a good fell of it. Sure you'll die when exploring and getting the hang of it, but that's the point.

120 hours...it's not worth it. 120HOURS! See some people have lives...lives. And therefore it's really not necc for all of that.
#85NicodaemosPosted 12/13/2012 1:37:19 PM
120 hours...it's not worth it. 120HOURS! See some people have lives...lives. And therefore it's really not necc for all of that.

The game is as long as you want it to be. 120 hours is enough for 5+ playthroughs. If you just want to beat it and move on it could take you, like, 30 or 40 hours if it's your first time, or less than 20 or 10 if you know what you're doing.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#86arcnovaPosted 12/13/2012 1:38:51 PM
played the game, no cheats, non upgraded gear
was hard yes buit rewarding.
also cheating is for noobs
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#87LennyGcPosted 12/13/2012 1:42:31 PM

If I must enlist what I do to make a point I will: I have a full time job, just recently finished a 2 year MBA degree (Masters degree) and have two other activities I attend several days of the week. Also a girlfriend I see very regularly. 120 hours since the game launched is nothing. Don't exaggerate.
---
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 22
Games I'm playing: Sleeping Dogs.
#88ntsouls(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:47:27 PM
arcnova posted...
played the game, no cheats, non upgraded gear
was hard yes buit rewarding.
also cheating is for noobs

It's rewarding regardless.But so is Batman Arkam Asylum, Deus Ex, Dragons Dogma, Skyrim, Dishonored, Dark Siders 2 and a doen other games I've completed with the time i Don't spend dieing or leveling up in Dark Souls.
#89The_Undying_84Posted 12/13/2012 1:49:09 PM
I disagree, as it teaches very basic video game strategies (figuring out enemies attack patterns, patience/observing the situation before acting) which I want gamers to be better at in general. Ideally if players were all around better at video games then other developers would stop feeling the need to make their games ridiculously easy.

Also Dark Souls isn't that hard anyways, after the first time playing through the Undead Burg/Parish I barely ever died except at a select few hard bosses (ie, O&S).
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#90nickizgr8Posted 12/13/2012 2:35:59 PM
This game is pretty easy. Just don't run straight in with fights that you wont be able to handle.

The game is mostly tedious not hard. Like dieing on a boss and having to go all the way back. It's not hard just very very boring.

Most people think this game is hard because you die alot. No that isn't a game being difficult. Some things in this game are utter cheap, such as being killed by stuff you had no idea would kill you unless you had previously died to it.