This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the GREATEST moment or memory you have related to video games?

#1allan247Posted 12/13/2012 8:48:13 AM
Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza is almost upon us and with that comes the nostalgia of Holidays past. Take a moment and think back to what event involving video games comes to you as your strongest and most sentimental memory. Perhaps it was the Christmas morning you unwrapped your very own Super Nintendo, finally beating a game you've had for months (as we all know, beating a game before the days of save points was a different beast all together), or maybe it's just the impact a certain game's story had on you.

For me, personally, it would probably be the Christmas morning that I unwrapped my Sega Genesis. It is the only console my parents ever bought for me. We had a Nintendo but that was purchased just before I could really comprehend video games. (Dont get me wrong I consider NES my first console, I played a LOT of games on it, it just wasnt bought for ME)
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC
#2BlueJester007Posted 12/13/2012 8:54:21 AM
When I saw Jill's kitty in Resident Evil 5. :)
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#3pothocketPosted 12/13/2012 8:58:44 AM
I would probably get modded for mine.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4allan247(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:04:16 AM
You, good sirs, have turned this topic of Christmas and childhood innocence into SMUT! SMUT I SAY! GOOD DAY (meh its GameFAQs, this is actually exactly what i expected)
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC
#5Vivi0198Posted 12/13/2012 9:09:38 AM
1993 unwrapping my SNES. NHL Stanley Cup and Super Mario World bundled with it. Greatest present ever.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#6NeojianXPosted 12/13/2012 9:24:47 AM
Easy! When I first turned on Final Fantasy VIII.

Second greatest moment is when I first turned on Parasite Eve 1.

Third greatest is when I first turned on Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Fourth
Kicking butt in NINJA Gaiden Black

Fifth

The awesomeness of Burnout 3

Sixth

Lord of the Ring TTT
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#7nothingbeastPosted 12/13/2012 9:25:08 AM
When the SNES came out, it's the only thing I wanted.

I begged my parents for it, but I knew it was such a HOT item that it would be very difficult to get. Most stores were always sold out.

Christmas eve (when my family celebrated) I opened all of my gifts... and no SNES. But I got some cool NES games, and wasn't a brat about it.

The next morning I woke up to play with my new toys, and my parents were already awake to make breakfast. My dad hands me a wrapped box. For a moment I think "It's an SNES!!!!" and tore the paper off.

It was a box of frozen pancakes. Again, I was a little disappointed, but didn't let it get me down. "At least now we have breakfast!"

My dad opened the box of pancakes..... and there was my SNES.

I think my neighbors heard me scream for joy.

One of my best Christmas moments as a child.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#8BlueJester007Posted 12/13/2012 9:26:08 AM
allan247 posted...
You, good sirs, have turned this topic of Christmas and childhood innocence into SMUT! SMUT I SAY! GOOD DAY (meh its GameFAQs, this is actually exactly what i expected)

Tell that to all my topics about Christmas that either got modded or forgotten about in 30 seconds.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#9SunDevil77Posted 12/13/2012 9:32:31 AM
Halo 3 midnight release party.
'twas epic.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#10pakathecatPosted 12/13/2012 9:36:41 AM
Hard to narrow down. Unrapping the NES one Christmas is up there. So is treating myself to my 360 and some games in '09, after working at my current job for about a year. In-game, maybe coming out of the sewers for the first time in Oblivion, seeing that beautiful starry night sky and landscape beckoning me to explore it.