This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any opinions on Soul Calibur V?

#1SoincMetalPosted 12/13/2012 11:39:35 AM
I just bought it, been wanting it since it came out. Well i got the collectors editions for $25.00 shipped brand new. I've seen some vids and the combat looks really smooth. I go to the boards and no likes the game. I can see the only hate from not be the old characters, but really? Is that the only reason the game failed?

I've always wanted the map mode for SCIII to return but it never did. Story is it or miss cause I really don't know whats going on in the first place. Ever since I played Soul Blade I just thought the fighting was cool.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/13/2012 11:42:22 AM
IMO, these games really succeed with the inclusion of a great bonus character like yoda, vader, apprentice and link...they fail when a character like this is absent.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3Great_Pudding_3Posted 12/13/2012 11:49:34 AM
Character roster and design is kinda lame.
---
Stu, what are you doing?
#4OhHeyltsYouPosted 12/13/2012 11:50:30 AM
I think it's the smaller roster. SC4 had a great line up, but SC5 really blew it. I know the whole idea was that it's in the near future. But they didn't have to remove characters like Yun-Seong, Talim and Zasalamel & Seung-Mina..

My main has always been Talim. So of course I was pretty upset. I still bought the game anyways and enjoyed it. But since they removed those characters, I wished they would've atleast added the weapons and fighting styles for create a character.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#5SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 11:56:36 AM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
I think it's the smaller roster. SC4 had a great line up, but SC5 really blew it. I know the whole idea was that it's in the near future. But they didn't have to remove characters like Yun-Seong, Talim and Zasalamel & Seung-Mina..

My main has always been Talim. So of course I was pretty upset. I still bought the game anyways and enjoyed it. But since they removed those characters, I wished they would've atleast added the weapons and fighting styles for create a character.

So there's no Talim fighting style? Aww man that does kind of blow.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6MestizoFreakPosted 12/13/2012 12:02:20 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
IMO, these games really succeed with the inclusion of a great bonus character like yoda, vader, apprentice and link...they fail when a character like this is absent.

Ezio Auditore from the Assassin's Creed games is in it. IMO, him and Link best fit the series (medieval sword combat)
#7frater_davidPosted 12/13/2012 12:05:38 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

... And this guy has no idea what he's talking about, to him Ezio is not a 'bonus character'.

Anyways, the game is great, my personal GOTY, with over 1000 hours logged into it. It failed because of lack of single player content and because of all the other fighters out right now (not to mention the rushed schedule PS got stuck with). The game is the most balanced since SC2, the fighting is incredible and the community isn't so bad. Just ignore the haters and enjoy this wonderful game and really sink your teeth into the creation.
#8Robin_MaskPosted 12/13/2012 12:15:44 PM
Took out a lot of the old roster, just to replace them with ****ty rip-offs.

The story is stupid this time around.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9DragoonAngerPosted 12/13/2012 12:17:37 PM
It's a fun game, especially with friends and create-a-fighter. The story mode is awful of course, with a bonus dose of implied incest, but there's plenty of other things to do even without going online. I'd recommend it.
---
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/863/kenshiroqs6.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/extremejon/1206682497641.png
#10SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:12:32 PM
I just watched the Angry Joe review and it was good. Everything i pretty much figured go into to this. Can't wait for it to come in the mail.
---