First off, I love the xbox 360, Microsoft, Bill Gates, and all video games this industry has to offer.
1. Unless I'm mistaken, the absolute first game/company to come up with the "season pass" was Battlefield 3/EA at e3 of last year. The quote was something like this, "if you subscribe to this plan, you get X & Y free." Its such a slap in the face, but guess what, it worked. Borderlands 2 has a season pass and people get entire classes and dlc for "free" if they pay 60 bucks for the pass. People are so smart. They get a "free" class in the game just days after the game was released because "it wasn't ready for release." I cannot believe you guys believe these lies.
2. Portal 2- I've said this before and I'll say it again- no 3-5 hour game is worth 60 bucks. This game should have went the Torchlight 2 route and been 20 bucks from the get-go. But no, people think this Valve company is just so great. They bought out the rights to the person who made Portal and just copied it for this game. It wasn't their original idea. I played the first 5 minutes and could tell what they did- they tried to be cute with that robot's witty remarks. That doesn't make a 3-5 hour game worth 60 bucks.
3. The Fall of Blizzard- I don't want to say much about this, but Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 have been the biggest disappointments by far this gen. It isn't even close. Sure, the games are going to be designed and have polish because of the hundreds of millions Blizzard could afford to take their time with them, but they just lack what made Blizzard games special. The games weren't even complete. They just get patches like world of clowncraft does to fill in the missing features.
4. Ea destroying Bioware- The doctors left for a reason and its not the reason they are saying officially. Mass Effect 2 was the absolute beginning of Bioware going down hill. It is irrelevant if mass effect 2 is in fact, better than the first game. Its not the point. The issue is that it was clear Bioware games would be 100% streamlined and dumbed down. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 were such utter failures and the doctors knew it. Sales don't matter. Its about integrity, and Bioware games lost ALL integrity when ea took over. I cannot believe you guys are actually thinking Dragon Age 3 is going to be something worth while. Its not. And everybody knows it.
5. Dlc and downloadable arcade games- Its like this, it is NOT a good idea to support Indie game companies. Look, deep down inside, yeah I root for the underdog, but lets be real here, no matter what, Indie game companies are going to release games with small content that is short. This cannot happen. Video games need to have a ton of content, like Skyrim, and players need to get lost in these huge games. If people keep supporting smaller Indie companies, then eventually, the AAA companies and publishers will make their juggernaut games of the industry, even smaller, in the form of downloadable arcades. It won't happen overnight, but it eventually will happen when we see the majority of games being downloadable arcadish ones. This is bad. Real bad. I'm not going into detail for dlc. Its a scam and they release unfinished games. Nothing needs to be said.
6. Overrated Games-
mass effect 2 skyrim diablo 3 The same halo game released every year starcraft 2 dragon's dogma bioshock, even infinite the witcher 2 portal 2 all racing games
All of this is my opinion obviously. I love the xbox 360 and Microsoft, and I respect everybody's opinion. Please be respectful and have a nice December.
You guys need to understand, you may feel I'm bsing you, but I am 100% sincere and honest when typing all this up.
I didn't even mention how Dark Souls gets so much love.......not because its a great game......because it does something unique like make a non-handholding game in this day and age. Well I have news for you, that does NOT make the game great. If you take away the trial-and-error and just have a "normal" mode where its 500x easier, then it would just be a mediocre game like two worlds or risen.
I don't even consider Dark Souls a real video game. Just something that tries to piss you off.