This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The last couple years for video games has been absolutely atrocious

#11skip2malu52Posted 12/13/2012 12:14:41 PM
Calls a game that isn't even out yet "overrated".

Ya ok dude.
#12vormisPosted 12/13/2012 12:16:18 PM(edited)
"I don't even consider Dark Souls a real video game. Just something that tries to piss you off."

You could learn a lot from Dark Souls.
#13pothocketPosted 12/13/2012 12:16:26 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
pothocket posted...
Awwww....all that work for one little troll. Poor guy must be tired out!

*tucks in bronze for the night*

Truth is trolling. He must have got to you.

LOL no. If he got to me than why do I not feel the need to point out the dozens of flaws with his "truth"?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14En Sabah NurPosted 12/13/2012 12:17:42 PM
TC, you're such a troll it isn't even funny.

The last 4 years have had some of the most amazing games ever. Plenty of disappointing ones too, but tons of awesome ones. Go play in traffic.
---
Playing - too many games to list
#15RPG_ApostlePosted 12/13/2012 12:21:13 PM
Wait, didn't bronze once say Dark Souls is incredibly overrated because all it has is difficulty, and difficulty is not innovation?

That was his argument. Something stupid and BS along those lines.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#16GeistPosted 12/13/2012 12:23:46 PM
Then quit gaming TC.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#17lostoutlawnbPosted 12/13/2012 12:26:52 PM
thank you for your opinion tc
#18bronze4v4pro(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:27:55 PM
Dark Souls is not innovative. Its doing something the nes games 20 years ago used to do- punish players. That isn't innovative and I don't care if its nostalgic. Many players have been there and done that. I'm not saying games should stay easy; I absolutely do think they need to get harder, just not poor design like Dark Souls, which is just a trial and error game.

I beat the first boss in Dark Souls (the one after the tutorial boss) and made it to the next boss. I played that boss, died once, and said I'm done with the game. I wasn't angry or frustrated. I could just tell by that ONE boss, how they designed this game. They want you to die over and over, until you memorize what you need to know so you can move on & progress to the next hard part, where again, you'll die and die until you memorize what you need to know.

That is horrible design.
#19majinbuu58Posted 12/13/2012 12:29:58 PM(edited)
RPG_Apostle posted...
Then quit gaming and quit coming here.

You've been harping on Portal 2 forever. Get a new schtick.

Also, how's Kingdoms of Amalur? That alone proves you don't know d*** about anything.

Get off my board.

RPG NO! WHY!?!?!?

You should know better than to give bronze a serious response.
#20randomweirdoPosted 12/13/2012 12:31:24 PM
Okay, yeah, I suspect this is a troll topic, but I can't stand seeing incorrect facts being out there.

1. You are mistaken on that one. I don't know if it was the first game with it, but Gears of War 3 had a season pass as well before Battlefield 3 did. And season passes like that had been done with on demand TV shows where you could buy the whole season before the show had even aired. That is where the idea came from and came over to video games. I honestly don't think its any worse than DLC in the first place since it does let people get a savings and they can continue to buy the season pass even after all the DLC is released. It's far better than releasing all the DLC at full price and then later providing a discounted pack.

2, If you want to go that route of games should be priced for the amount of playtime they provide, then expect the huge companies to start padding their estimates so they can charge more for their games. That is a seriously bad idea and companies already pad enough when they get the chance.

No comment on 3 and 4 because I don't give a crap about Blizzard and Bioware though I'll agree that EA is a crappy company that doesn't deserve anyone's support.

5. No, hell no. Indie games and arcade games still deserve support. Every developer starts from somewhere and Indie developers wouldn't be able to afford to make the juggernaut games as you put it. Having indie and arcade games allows the smaller developers to still be able to produce good stuff and also gives a great way for old games to be re-released. A game doesn't need to be huge to be fun. If there wasn't a place for them, nearly every Indie developer would fail completely because there's no way they'd be able to hold up without a place to release games for a lower price that take a lesser development cost. Every new business has to start small and expand. They can't be expected to right away compete with the giants like EA and Activision.