This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The last couple years for video games has been absolutely atrocious

#31majicray2112Posted 12/13/2012 1:53:19 PM
Wow, that's a lot of writing for such a useless message.. Games are better than ever. You play them, will continue to play them, so get over your long airbag writing campaign for such a weak idea. It's not going to be convincing too many gamers around here who love this gen.
#32DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/13/2012 1:54:37 PM
I paid 20 bucks for Portal 2. It has a co-op campaign too...
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#33nazacuckooPosted 12/13/2012 1:55:00 PM
*Reads post*

*Gets to the part where TC says Bioshock is overrated*

*Shakes head disapprovingly*

*Leaves*
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#34shinobisBACKPosted 12/13/2012 2:14:45 PM
the industry has gone to **** thats for sure. there are still good games being put out eveyr now and again, but the industry itself it garbage. i remember back in the day you would see certain companies name on a game and knew it was going to be good (ie capcom). nowadays pretty much the only company i still have a great deal of respect for is Treasure, they have always just done their own thing.
#35MRL3G3NDPosted 12/13/2012 2:15:14 PM
no doubt the bad habits formed through tthe greediness of this generation will only lead to this video gamings eventual down fall...

I went from buying a new game every other week, to buying 5 titles for the entire year...all of which happen to be sequels...

The gaming industry used to try to blow your mind, but now they just want to fool you into thinking you spent a justifyable $60

They used to make new innovative and exciting games, and based on the quality it would sell well...Now if a bunch of old guys with charts on gaming habits don't THINK is will sell over a million...they won't touch it...instead they feel comfortable with rehashing the same thing every year...people complain...but they know they bout the crap as well.

RISE OF THE CASUAL GAMER
They found out that there are 5x more money in the casual market...so hardcore blow your mind games take a back seat to video streaming apps and motion sensing gaming...They traded the core market which is about 500k for a casual market which is about 1-2mil...Smart business move, but as they are finding out now...the casuals are fickle...and they ran off core market to PC's

PC's are suffering because they have all this power but it's limited because it's financially "efficient" to develop for consoles, and just port the same bleh low res textures over, and prodly boast..."you can see these bland textures in 1080p AND 60+fps
yay...

I have fonder memories of last gen...a lot more firsts with genuine progress...not this money grubbing bs they call gaming now..they are really making a mess...I keep praying that sega or perhaps apple would release a true next gen system right now and put this BS "Let's milk this gen for as long as possible"scenario to death...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#36Luthor_Posted 12/13/2012 2:16:51 PM
Bronze4v4pro has been trolling boards for a long, long time now. I can't believe this isn't a well known thing yet.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#37ARsignal11Posted 12/13/2012 2:37:56 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
.I keep praying that sega or perhaps apple would release a true next gen system right now and put this BS "Let's milk this gen for as long as possible"scenario to death...

I find it amusing you hope that Apple will release a true next gen system that will solve all of the problems that you mentioned. Apple, the same company that will release the same phone/tablet year after year with only small improvements to the actual phone.

Right, they'll solve all of your aforementioned problems.
#38MRL3G3NDPosted 12/13/2012 2:53:14 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
.I keep praying that sega or perhaps apple would release a true next gen system right now and put this BS "Let's milk this gen for as long as possible"scenario to death...

I find it amusing you hope that Apple will release a true next gen system that will solve all of the problems that you mentioned. Apple, the same company that will release the same phone/tablet year after year with only small improvements to the actual phone.

Right, they'll solve all of your aforementioned problems.

I was just throwing names out there...but something would be better than nothing right now...this gen is like a bad dream we can't wake up from
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#39xcmon3yx2Posted 12/13/2012 3:05:31 PM
I agree with all except

2.) portal 2 is a masterpiece and valve is a godsend to the gaming community

3.) Diablo 3 was no where near a failure it is the single best selling pc game of all time, in any case blizzards bread and butter is World Of Warcraft, WoW alone has more subscribers then all of Xbox Live
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
Let's Play, and Guides
#40CyhortI82Posted 12/13/2012 3:07:07 PM
vormis posted...
The only reason the last however many years has been horrible is the constant bickering, complaining, whining, and crying of everyone in the gaming community.

THIS. Dear god this. This generation has made me despise gamers. I'm ashamed to be associated with them.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)