Of all the trolls I've ever seen, this one, instead of just posting something aggravating, actually took his time to write stuff that is the exact opposite of reality, and the exact opposite of intelligence. It's kinda like science fiction, in its own way. It's an interesting OP. Reminds me of Wheatley - can't help but being the dumbest thing ever created.
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience. ...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
I didn't read through all the replies so I don't know if it's been pointed out but:
1. I disagree with a games length determining its price. Many NES, SNES, and Genesis games costed $50.00 and could be finished in an hour or less. Many of them were good games.
2. I don't think you understand the importance of competition. It pushes the human species to extraordinary capabilities. We need every developer out there (even EA) so that other devs work harder.
3. Small and even indie devs are often the best chance for something new and innovative.
4. Gamers this gen have become spoiled in the sense that there are so many very good games on XBLA and PSN for $10.00- $15.00 each and many are unappreciated. These games are very often much better than NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and PSOne games and cost less than half or even a fourth of the price. Compare Street Fighter 3 for XBLA for 800 points compared to SNES Super Street Fighter 2 for $50.00- $60.00 at launch.
You guys need to understand, you may feel I'm bsing you, but I am 100% sincere and honest when typing all this up.
I didn't even mention how Dark Souls gets so much love.......not because its a great game......because it does something unique like make a non-handholding game in this day and age. Well I have news for you, that does NOT make the game great. If you take away the trial-and-error and just have a "normal" mode where its 500x easier, then it would just be a mediocre game like two worlds or risen.
I don't even consider Dark Souls a real video game. Just something that tries to piss you off.
Obvious troll is obvious, but I'll play with You know the easiest way to make people stop listening to you is to say something isn't a game because you don't like it. Dark Souls is one of the deepest RPG's in a long time, with unique and great multiplayer, and it's just fun to discover secrets.
1. True, they suck, but in the end, if you don't won't it don't buy it.
2. Even though I don't like Valve as much as everyone else, Portal 2 was one of the best games 2011. It takes such a simple concept and makes it very enjoyable. Also I don't know how you even finish that game in 5 hours on your first play through. It IS a puzzle game after all.
3. I never Blizzards games, so I can't speak on this much, but a disappointing game does not the generation is terrible.
4. The guys at Bioware quit because they wanted a break. Not because of EA.
5. Why exactly do you judge a game on length alone, if that's all you judge something on, shouldn't you love Skyrim? Also why to piss on Indie devs. In case you aren't aware, Indie devs are not multimillion dollar corporations, they just want to make games, not just to get money. DLC on the other can be good if companies make good use of it. Some do, some don't.
6. A little Maybe Who even likes it? OK I'll hive you that No... Actually, I think it's under rated No, also don't judge a game before it's out NO NO (no response)
Short Answer: This generation only sucks because of people whining about it. Also CoD but that's a different issue.