This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The last couple years for video games has been absolutely atrocious

#81NightsOwlPosted 12/13/2012 6:48:05 PM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Then quit gaming and quit coming here.

You've been harping on Portal 2 forever. Get a new schtick.

Also, how's Kingdoms of Amalur? That alone proves you don't know d*** about anything.

Get off my board.

Your board? Lmfao. God.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#82HonestAbe73Posted 12/13/2012 6:51:09 PM
If you really think The Witcher 2 is overrated then you need to go replay it. Also maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I hardly heard anything about this game until the steam summer sale.
---
I kill vampires.
#83Hawke0Posted 12/13/2012 6:54:07 PM
bronze4v4pro posted...
First off I love Bill Gates

wut
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#84hak145Posted 12/13/2012 7:00:21 PM
bronze4v4pro posted...
You guys need to understand, you may feel I'm bsing you, but I am 100% sincere and honest when typing all this up.

I didn't even mention how Dark Souls gets so much love.......not because its a great game......because it does something unique like make a non-handholding game in this day and age. Well I have news for you, that does NOT make the game great. If you take away the trial-and-error and just have a "normal" mode where its 500x easier, then it would just be a mediocre game like two worlds or risen.

I don't even consider Dark Souls a real video game. Just something that tries to piss you off.

HAHAAHAHA! Now I know you are full of ****. What are you trying to do? rile up every gamer this side of gamefaqs? you deserve the ****storm you have offset.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#85RPG_ApostlePosted 12/13/2012 7:09:31 PM
NightsOwl posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
Then quit gaming and quit coming here.

You've been harping on Portal 2 forever. Get a new schtick.

Also, how's Kingdoms of Amalur? That alone proves you don't know d*** about anything.

Get off my board.

Your board? Lmfao. God.

Well when I wrote that I was thinking of Harrison Ford in Air Force One.

Sue me.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#86Da7thsignPosted 12/13/2012 7:21:07 PM
I understand where TC is coming from, but I firmly agree with his 5th point where indie games are getting big, if that trend continues, I do kind of see a possibility ofbigger companies doing more small scale games and charging premium prices.
---
There are only two types of people in this world, the righteous who think they are sinners, and the sinners who think they are righteous
#87boring_namePosted 12/13/2012 8:04:52 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
bronze4v4pro posted...
Dark Souls is not innovative. Its doing something the nes games 20 years ago used to do- punish players. That isn't innovative and I don't care if its nostalgic. Many players have been there and done that. I'm not saying games should stay easy; I absolutely do think they need to get harder, just not poor design like Dark Souls, which is just a trial and error game.

I beat the first boss in Dark Souls (the one after the tutorial boss) and made it to the next boss. I played that boss, died once, and said I'm done with the game. I wasn't angry or frustrated. I could just tell by that ONE boss, how they designed this game. They want you to die over and over, until you memorize what you need to know so you can move on & progress to the next hard part, where again, you'll die and die until you memorize what you need to know.

That is horrible design.

This is one of the dumbest post i had even seen for now

I agree. I got Dark Souls the first month it was released did the same thing, just couldn't beat the first real boss and gave up on it frustrated then I went back almost a year later beat the boss and just kept going. It's one of the best games I've ever played and the TC has not even played the game, how does he honestly thing he can judge its quality?
#88KyonshiPosted 12/13/2012 8:05:42 PM
I don't know nothing about this Bronze4v4pro guy, but turn this around anyway you want, he's right at least on the DLC/season pass BS developers have been putting up lately. Games are released unfinished and launch-day buyers are taken for beta-testers. You can't deny this fact, we have ****loads of titles to mention on this issue. Diablo III is surely the brightest example of a company taking its faithful fanbase for a bunch of idiotic jerks.
#89kos12Posted 12/13/2012 8:21:00 PM
lol public matches
---
I pwn teh noobz errrday.
#90YoungGganonPosted 12/13/2012 8:48:48 PM
vormis posted...
The only reason the last however many years has been horrible is the constant bickering, complaining, whining, and crying of everyone in the gaming community.

I agree 100%. I'm even one of those whiners, and it's true. The ONLY reason things have been bad is the rapid growth of gaming as a culture and the large attempts at catering to everyone to make more money. I feel like games used to actually be dedicated to fans of specific things, but not so much anymore. More and more people complain because something they liked wasn't in, because the game companies are trying to please everyone, not just the dedicated fans.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)